If You Find Someone You Love

It takes me a few moments to realize that Harry is kissing me. Just a few moments to decide to hell with it and begin to kiss him back. I run my hands up his chest, around his neck and tangle my fingers in the his hair at the base of his neck. The moment I begin to return the kiss, its like we both come alive. Harry's hand rushes up and tangle themselves in my hair. My heart is pounding so fast I am surprised it hasn't burst out of my chest. His lips are so soft and his beard is rough against my face. He taste a little bit of the wine from dinner and the popcorn we had during the movie. There is a hint of mint which makes me think if maybe he ate a mint before coming in the kitchen after me. I have been kissed before but its something in the way Harry is kissing me that's unlike any I have experienced before. Its sensual but yet slow, like he's afraid if he breaks away I will disappear. Our lips move as one like they are made for each. He pulls me closer well tries to but I am already pressed against his chest. Our breathing becomes labored and Harry reluctantly pulls away. When we pulls apart its like a part of me went with him. He leans his forehead against mine as we try to regain our breath.

"That was even better then I imagined." Harry says and I smile. I am unable to say anything. My mind is running a mile a minute. Why would he kiss me? I mean he just broke up with Meghan. Then it hits me. Rebound. My heart sinks at the thought.

"I should have done that years ago Vicky." I shake my head no and step out of his arms. Walking away I say,

"No Harry." I just make it to the living room when Harry grabs my hand and stops me, spinning me around to look at him. A few tears have fallen from my eyes and with my eyes closed I feel him wipe them away.

"Vicky." I shake my head no and go to walk away but he stops me.

"I won't be your rebound Harry. Not now not ever."

"Rebound? That's what you think this is?" I can hear hurt in the voice and god it breaks my heart but I can't. I can't be his rebound. I love him far to much to just with him because his ego is hurt.

"Yes Harry I do. And I'm sorry but maybe you should leave." Them words hurt me to my very core and a few more tears fall down my cheeks but I wipe them away. Harry's hand slips from mine. I begin to walk away but his next words stop me.

"You can't stand here and tell me you didn't feel that? That spark, that it didn't feel right to you?" Will he stop playing? This isnt funny.

"Victoria." I spin around.

"That's the problem Harry it did." There finally some truth. Might as well continue. No going back now.

"You have no idea how long I wanted you to do that. No idea of how that made me feel. That kiss was more to me then just a kiss. Years Harry I watched you kiss another woman all the while my heart breaking because it wasn't me. So no I have no interest in being your rebound. I'm sorry things didn't work with Meghan but if you want a rebound call Cressida. I'm sorry." I turn to walk down the hall.

"So Meghan is right." Not answering him I walk back to my bedroom. I go to close the door but Harry grabs it. He enters the room. For the first time since the kiss I look at him. I am taken back at what I see. He's smiling. A smile that is lighting up his whole face.

"How long?" I don't think I even have a answer to that.

"For as long as I can remember." Is all I say.

"You never said anything. You never even hinted at deeper feelings."

"And what Harry lose you? You don't feel the same way and I would rather have you as a friend then lose you."

"You saw me with Chelsy, Cressida and Meghan. And all the others and each time you saw us together I was breaking your heart."

"You didn't know and I wanted it that way." Harry rushes over to me. He moves my hair away from my face.

"I'm so sorry Victoria. I never wanted to hurt you." I shake my head no, tears threaten to escape my eyes. This is too much.

"No need to be, like I said you didn't know."

"But I did hurt you, whether I knew it or not. I vowed after Mum and Dad's divorce that I would never hurt you." But you are now is what I feel like screaming at him.

"You will now, if I would be your rebound." I go to walk past him not being able to stand being in the same room with him. He stops me by grabbing my hand and spinning me around.

"Your not my rebound for Christ sake Victoria." I go to pull away but his grip is too tight.

"After what Meghan said I took some time. William let me stay at Anmer Hall. I needed to get away from London but still close to you. I needed to think. To think about why every relationship failed. So I called Chelsy. For some reason she answered. Lord only knows why. We talked she said she saw the same thing Meghan did. You in love with me and that I loved you back. I talked to William, Dad even Granny. They all had me second guessing everything I thought I knew. A week I sat in that country house by myself. Everything came back to one thing and you know what that one thing was?" I don't answer. Harry lifts my chin to look at him.

"You. Each day I woke up, each night I went to bed, missing you. The more I was there by myself the more I missed you but I needed space because I wasn't sure about how I felt anymore, about anything. Then today in Inverness when everyone was asking about you, that's when I realized." He runs his index finger down my cheek then over my lips. The sensation sending chills down my spin. He then cups my face in his hands.

"I realized that I want you. I want you to be the one by my side. To go on this crazy journey that is my life, with. I want to go to bed and wake up every morning with you in my arms. I want kiss you every morning and every night. I want to call you mine. I want the whole world to know that your it, your the one. You always have but I have been too blind to see it." Tears are running down my face. His words echoing through my ears, sitting in my heart filling me with so much emotion.

"Harry you don't mean it." I look at him. Love there is no doubt about it, shines in his eyes. Its enough to take my breath away. He takes my hand and brings it to his chest and lays it against his heart.

"I have never lied to you and I never will. This heart belongs to you Victoria. You and only you. I am so sorry it took me so long to realize it. So sorry that I hurt you and I know it might be too late but I am willing to wait. Mum always said if you find someone you love in."

"Your life then you hang on to that love." I finish both of is smiling.

"I love you Victoria. I love you so much." I fall to my knees crying but tears of joy. All these years he's loved me all along. I feel Harry get down next to me and bring me in his arm. I cling to him and cry. I feel Harry's own salty tears hit my hair. We only sit like that for a minute till I pull away and pull him into a kiss. Its much more sensual then the kiss in the kitchen. Its like we are trying to memorize each others lips. Savor the taste of the other. When we pull away I say,

"I love you too Harry. And no its not too late. I love you, I love you, I love you." He picks us up from the floor, brings me into his arms and spins us around. Both of us laughing. When he sits back down on my feet he kisses me again. This kiss much like the first is passionate but we poor all our love into it. After a few moments Harry moves his kisses to my neck. A moan escapes my lips and I tug on Harry's shirt. He pulls away and asks,

"Are you sure?" I smile.

"You have no idea how much I want you. How long I have wanted you. I don't want to wait another minute." Harry gets that mischievous smile of his and picks me up and carries me to the bed. I have a feeling I am in for one hell of a night.