Only Do What Your Heart Tells You

We decided on the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It was like any other Friday night. Comfy PJ's, bowl of popcorn, ice cream and plenty of laughter. Last Friday was didn't do this and man I missed it. During the movie our positions on the sofa changed. It went from both of us sitting on either end, to sitting next to each other, to laying down. Even Harry laying down with his head in my lap. That was new but hey I wasn't complaining. Then the position that stunned me the most. Harry pulling me into his arms and just holding me. The side of my head laying against his chest, his arms wrapped around me and his chin resting on the top of my head. I don't know how long we sat like that but soon the end credits are rolling.

"Good old Captain Jack got the Pearl back." Harry says.

"Yeah but poor Barbossa." I say. Harry repositions us so we are laying down on the sofa. He's been very how do I put it. Not clingy but very touchy. Almost like he's afraid I will disappear. Well I guess I would be to if the women I loved turned down my proposal. We sit there in silence, Harry running his fingers through my hair and me listening to his heart beat.

"Remember when we were little I told you when my Dad becomes King I was going to ask him to give me Inverness Castle? I said we were going to live there, you, me and Mum." I smile at the memory.

"Yeah. You said we would have ice cream parties every night. And dance through the halls till the wee hours in the morning. Sleep all day and never leave." I feel Harry smile against my hair and his fingers slow in my hair.

"Then after Mum died I asked Granny." Okay where is this going.

"She told me that I had to stay at Kensington." I nod my head.

"You got upset and didn't speak to her for three days. Your Father dragged you to Buckingham and made you speak to her. He said not even a Prince ignores the Queen." Harry laughs.

"Did I ever tell you why I asked her?"

"No."

"For me and you. So I could protect you. That I failed at protecting my Mum and I wasn't going to fail in protecting you." His words make my heart stop and tears come to my eyes. I sit up and bring my legs up on the sofa and sit cross legged beside Harry, facing him.

"Harry." He shakes his head as a way to tell me he wasn't done.

"You have been there for me through everything. When Mum died you were my rock. I leaned on you for so much and sometimes I forgot that you were grieving too." I shake my head.

"I didn't care Harry."

"But we were so young Vicky."

"Harry."

"Please let me finish." I nod my head.

"Then after that, all the stupid shit I did. The drinking and partying. Christ that stupid night in Vegas. I was pushing everyone away but you, you stayed. Why?" I smile reach forward and run my fingers through his ginger hair behind his ear. I smile. I can't tell him the truth that it's because I am head over heels in love with him but I can give him a partially true answer.

"I can't see my life without you." He smiles at me. His smile is my favorite thing about him. It always fills me with so much happiness.

"Mum always said we would be as thick as thieves till the end. And she's right." I smile.

"Two peas in a pod she would call us."

"Thank you for never giving up on me, for always being there." I lean forward and place a kiss on his cheek.

"No need to thank me. I will always be here. You can't get rid of me. Your stuck with me. Now how about some tea." I get up and start to walk towards the kitchen.

"Don't you want to know why Meghan said no?" I turn at his question.

"It doesn't matter because I am sure it's the stupidest reason on the face of the earth. Her loss will one day be someone else's gain. Then she will realize what a loving man she gave away. She won't find another one like you Harry. There's only one Henry Wales." He smiles and I make the rest of the short walk to the kitchen. What is with Harry tonight? I just place the kettle filled with water on the stove when I hear Harry walk into the kitchen.

"She said she couldn't live in the shadow of someone else." I am confused.

"Like I said the stupidest reason. That doesn't even make sense."

"Your shadow." My hand stops at the knob to turn the stove on. What the hell??? I turn and face Harry.

"What? That makes even less sense." Harry walks over and leans against the counter across from me.

"Do you want to know what else she said?" He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Please cause she is making no sense. How would she be in my shadow? I am just your best friend." I turn and reach up in the cabinet and grab two mugs.

"She said your in love with me." The crashing of the two mugs hitting the sink and breaking is the only sound in the room. How the holy hell did she find out? I never told her and I know neither William or Kate would. I don't say anything and I don't turn to look at Harry. I can't cause if I do my eyes will give away the truth.

"That I was blind for not seeing it. That she wasn't going to make a big commitment only for me to see it and decide I want you." I reach up and wipe away a tear that has escaped my eye.

"She wasn't going to live in a marriage where she always has to wonder if you will make a move. Or try to break us up cause your jealous." I start to bounce my leg a sign of me getting upset and I don't care if he notices. I feel him close the distance between us, till he is standing right behind me.

"There's more. She thinks that I might be in love with you too." His words are enough to bring tears to my eyes because I know that isn't and never will be true. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I feel Harry's hands wrap around both my upper arms and he turns me around. I open my eyes to see Harry looking at me. The look is one I have only ever seen him give whom ever he's with. A look of pure devotion, love and desire. He cups my face in his hands and says,

"Mum always told me to only do what my heart tells me. For so long I have ignored what it really wants. I think now it's time I listen." The next thing I know his lips crash on mine.