5. Love

N A N D I N I

*flashback continues*

I couldn't see anything. It was all so black and painful. My head pained and also there was a piercing pain in my feet.

After struggling for long, my eyes that felt like metal lids were opened.

Everything was blur at first but then I could see a white ceiling and extravagant decor.

This was definitely not the hospital. This was definitely not my own room.

"Good Morning Nandini!" I heard a chirp and with all the collected energy, I saw Manik Sir entering inside the room.

This was his house. And well... it was his room and his bed.

My forehead had a white bandage wrapped and my left foot had a fracture cover.

Manik sir kept the tray he was carrying at the side table and helped me sit up.

I was so confused already with all this pain in my head that I couldn't register anything.

I looked at Manik Sir in pain. His hair were ruffled, not set like the usual times. He was still wearing the clothes from the party, only his upper coat was missing. Half of his shirt was out. His eyes were red and he looked sleepy.

Had he been crying?

"Well, to start with. You met with an accident with the truck. I took you to the hospital and it's one full day you've been unconscious. But I thought that you'd like to see some Home like surroundings, so I brought you here", he said with a neutral face.

"And also, because it happened because of me...", his voice faded and there was guilt on his face.

I gave him a weak smile.

He handed me the coffee and pain killers.

"I want to freshen up a bit first..." I said awkwardly.

"Oh sure, I'd help you", he said slowly.

His hands gripped my arms and I shivered. But I didn't have enough time for this as he pulled me to my toes.

"Thank you!", I murmured quietly trying to walk away.

I took a move ahead but there was another ceasing pain in my foot and I stumbled miserably.

Manik Sir's hands gripped my waist quickly and I landed up in his arms.

My hands were both on his chest, my foot under strain, as he gripped me and his eyes met mine.

His eyes had some feeling in it which I couldn't identify anymore. He definitely cared. But there was something more to it, some pain, so fear, some guilt, and maybe some-..... love?

He helped me limping to the washroom. He stopped right at the door as I stepped inside.

"Nandini?" He called. Once again, his voice sounded miserable and vulnerable.

I stopped and turned behind.

He gave me the look that said he was helpless as he walked to me. The distance between us kept reducing and my heartbeat kept increasing.

He came close until here was no space between us left anymore.

His hand cupped my cheeks and I was lost in his eyes that depicted an emotion I have never seen.

My hands unknowingly gripped his shirt.