3. Sweet Kissess

N A N D I N I

*flashback continues....*

"You're right. I am heartless. Because I had already fallen in love, in love with someone who destroyed me. Someone whom I shouldn't have ever trusted. Her love fucked me up", he said slowly.

My heart stopped beating and I stopped breathing.

He... already loved someone?

"It hurts to retail the entire thing now, but I can tell you", he smiled weakly.

"I always considered my mother as a queen. And if you know, the boys who grow up in the love of a queen know how to treat their woman like a princess", he laughed sarcastically. "I was in college when my mother introduced me to this girl, one of the prettiest I have ever seen, I wanted to stay away from her but my mother and my parents, they stuck her to me. I avoided her for a long time but I couldn't help but fall for her beauty. I.. I trusted her, and she betrayed me.. miserably. Earlier, she was the butterfly that stuck to me but then times changed. I became the moth attracted to her like a candle without knowing that she would burn me. She slept with my bestfriend for money, she let out all the passwords of Malhotra industry, we were destroyed. We could be on the road....".

I was beyond shocked. How can girl be so cheap?

"And then she left, without any explanations. Since then I changed. I changed terribly. I don't believe in love. I don't remember the last time I spoke to my parents properly. I don't believe in Happily Ever Afters anymore. I just mess around with girls, I use them just the way she used me", there was determination in his voice and a brokenness.

"So you don't believe in Happily Ever Afters?" I said and almost regretted it. How could I speak without thinking?

What will he be thinking? He just opened one of the worst secrets of his life and all I'm concerned with is a Happily Ever after?

He gave me an amused expression before a small laugh. "No I don't believe in Happily Ever Afters, who does, they're kiddish. Do you?"

I felt an unknown anger in me. I loved fairy tales right from childhood.

I frowned as I replied, "yes I do. And Happily Ever Afters do exist", I argued.

"Oh really. Then which literature character are you?" He asked, a small smile playing on his face.

"I'm Juliet, waiting for my Romeo", I said.

"But they both died", he replied almost instantly.

"Caught you. And you say you don't read books", I smirked and he flushed.

"Thoda-Thoda, kabhi-kabhi", he said in a low voice and mamma kasam he was looking so cute I wanted to pull his cheeks.

He was looking into my eyes and I was looking into his eyes. Behind the veil, I could see just another person, broken by his heart, waiting for some love to change his life.

"We're all broken from inside, waiting to be healed", I said quoting one of my favourite books, Destroying Myself.

"I don't think I can be healed. The scar my past has left on me seems beyond repair", he said, looking away, breaking the eye contact.

"Nothing is beyond repair, sir. Everyone can be healed by love", I said smiling to myself.

"Love can heal me?" He asked, shocked.