1. Monster

Two years before the prologue- flashback

I knocked on the door once before entering inside. I took a deep breath.

After so many days, I was on time today, which means I wouldn't have to hear the monster grumbling.

I stood at the door of his cabin waiting for him to acknowledge me. His cabin was pitch black with white marble furniture, huge danglings, and a leather master chair that covered him.

His cabin intimidated me. He intimidated me.

"You're fifteen seconds late Miss. Murthy!" He scowled as he finally picked up his head from the heaps of files and his laptop and I jumped on my place with fear.

Something's never change. Monster! Who even keeps a count of fifteen seconds?

His eyes met mine and a shiver passed through me. He had brown throbs that captivated me always and I often lost myself in them.

He's never stared at me before this way. Maybe he was noticing a change in my clothes today?

I wore a regular white peplum with light blue fitted jeans and black wedges. My eyes had mascara and a liner and my lips ahead their brown lipstick, unlike the usual me. My hair were open and they were left naturally falling till my waist.

 My hair were open and they were left naturally falling till my waist

"Why are you staring at me?" He said raising his eyebrows.

And I thought he remembers....

"Sorry sir!" I said almost rolling my eyes at him. "I'd bring you your daily black strong coffee with no sugar. Anything else?" I said with a fake smile and turned to leave.

"Wait!" He said. I halted in my place.

Maybe he does remember...

"Please make sure the coffee has no milk.", He ordered in a cold voice.

Hell with his coffee! Seedha bol deta, sirf coffee powder and paani chahiye! Description toh aise deta hai jaise five star hotel ho!

"Okay sir. Anything else?" I asked with a little expectant voice. He looked up at me, pretended to think and then nodded with a no, plastering the fakest face I have ever seen. I grumped as I left.

The last hope in me died. Why will he even remember that it's my birthday today?!

Three hundred and twenty one people have wished me on Facebook and in personal, except the person who's wish I was waiting for.

I have been working under him for three months now, and I doubt he even knows my name.

In my grumpy thought, I bumped against someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I almost shouted without looking at the person.

"Chill Nandini!" The most comforting words made to me.