Niall Horan

For Joanie:

Taking a deep breath, you walk out of the bathroom with your future in your hands. Your pregnancy test was positive, and what made you more worried is that Niall wasn’t ready for the child. He’s currently on tour, and will be for a few more months and you’re shaking, terrified of how he’ll react. There he is, your boyfriend of two years, sitting on the brown leather couch in the hotel room where you’re staying. Taking your steps slowly, you surely enough make your way over and sit next to him.

“Hey babe,” he greets you with a large grin on his face. He’s so innocent and a baby, now? You’re second guessing telling him. Is abortion the answer?

“Hey,” you say with a hesitant tone. Niall gives you an odd look, which the butterflies in your stomach won’t seem to calm down. These butterflies aren’t good, they are guilt. You should’ve used that condom, you should’ve been on birth control, but you weren’t. You were stupid.

“You alright, Jone?” he asked you, taking his right hand and holding onto your left with a tight grip.

“No, not really,” you told him, which his emotion in his face seemed to drop down to a sad look. You take the pregnancy test out of your sweatshirt pocket and put it on your lap. Niall looks down at it.

“What’s that?” he asked, looking all concern and picking it up, not holding your hand anymore.

“Niall, I’m pregnant,” you tell him, and he looks at you with a disgusted look. You’re hopeful that the other boys aren’t around and out and about shopping, because if they weren’t and they were there you’d be embarrassed.

“Stop joking,” he laughed, throwing it on the glass coffee table in front of him. You look at him with all seriousness.

“I’m not Niall… we’re having a baby,” you told him once again, and he looked at you with a disgusted look.

“This is your fault, Joanie,” he tells you, sitting up from the couch and walking over to the kitchen island, and grabbing the hotel key.

“How is this my fault Niall? It’s OUR problem now! We are in this together!” you started to raise your voice, walking towards him.

“You told me you were on the pill, Joanie! What the hell! We’ve been together for TWO YEARS and you lied to me?” his voice yelled to you, leaving you in tears. He was right, you lied. You told him you were on the pill, you lied to him. You started to break down in tears, wiping them one by one so you didn’t look like a mess. Niall moans in aggravation and starts to walk towards the door.

“You know what Joanie, I’m done. Figure this shit out on your own,” he exited the hotel room and slammed the door behind him. You slid down the wall and broke down in tears.

What have I done? You told yourself. You went to the bedroom that you and Niall shared and looked for your cell phone. Noticing it was on the nightstand, you took it and dialed Niall’s number. He didn’t answer.

“Niall please call me, I’m sorry!”

You called him again.

“Niall! Call me!” Finally, you gave up. You were done yourself. If Niall wasn’t going to be supportive of you, you thought you didn’t deserve him. But you loved him. He was your first, and you weren’t going to give up on this baby, or Niall.

About 3 hours later, your phone rang. You looked at the screen and it was Niall.

“Niall!” you answered the phone, sounding miserable and groggy from all the crying, but excited that he called.

“Joanie, I’m so sorry. I’m coming back now,” you sigh in relief, knowing that your boyfriend will support you.

Niall barged through the door with red, puffy eyes and cheeks from crying. He runs to you for a passionate hug.

“I will never leave you, or the baby Joanie. I was wrong, I’m so sorry.  I love you,” he whispered in your ear sounding weak while he’s hugging your delicate body.

“I love you too, Niall,” you told him back, and he planted a kiss on your forehead.

“So, what are we going to name it?” Niall asked you, rubbing your bare, pregnant belly. You smile and wipe a happy tear from your face, knowing how much you’ll love Niall for the rest of your life, and how much of a good father he will be.