Chapter 2 Section 1: Stirring the Pot

Quote 102

There are nearly seven billion people on this planet. Each one unique, different. What are the chances of that? And why? Is it simply biology, physiology that determines this diversity? A collection of thoughts, memories, experiences that carve out our own special place? Or is it something more than this? Perhaps there's a master plan that drives the randomness of creation. Something unknowable that dwells in the soul and presents each one of us with a unique set of challenges that will help us discover who we really are.

Stirring the Pot

(Present)

In the Brostol County of Gotham city, underneath Wayne Manor in the Batcave, the lair of Batman, Bruce and Damian both in their heroic gear, Batman in his caviler black batsuit and cowl and Damian in his red, green, and black Robin suit, arrive back from a mission involving Victor Zsasz. Getting out of the car, Bruce speaks up to Damian who is sitting on the hood of his Lime Green and Black RX-8.

"Do you know what you were tonight? You weren't a warrior, you weren't a soldier. You were a child." Batman says upset at Damian.

Nightwing in his black jumpsuit with a blue bird symbol on his chest, pulls up in his sky blue Subaru WRX, and steps out of the car.

"If it hadn't been for him, I--" Damian starts to speak pointing over at Dick.

"If it hadn't been for Dick, you'd have gone too far." Batman interrupts Damian.

"It's easier my way." Damian expresses his feelings.

"It has nothing to do with easy. It's about doing what's right because it's right, that's the only reason you need." Batman tells Damian.

Crossing his arms with a pout face, Damian sits down in the chair near the Batcave computer, "Seemed right to me."

"That's the problem." Batman tells Damian.

"Whatever." Damian says as she sits there in the chair as Bruce unsuited from his Batsuit.

Nightwing walks over to Alfred and sits down as Alfred starts stitching him up.

"Really ticks me off after all those lectures he gave me about using protection." Dick expresses to Alfred.

"Indeed. Are you alright, Master Dick?" Alfred asks seeing Dick aching as he feels the pain.

"I took the cut, I can take the stitch." Nightwing tells Alfred.

Damian butts into the conversation with a sarcastic comment, "Maybe you need more anesthetic."

Not liking Damian's attitude Nightwing answers, "Maybe you should go f--"

Alfred cuts in before Dick finishes his sentence, "Master Dick."

"Maybe you should remember who the blood son is." Damian comments.

Dick comments back under his breath, "Bloodthirsty is more like it."

Damian snoffs and walks out of the Batcave up into the Wayne Manor where Bruce is looking in the fridge.

"Answer me this Father, if you don't like the way I do things then why have me out with you at all?" Damian asks as he sits down at the island in the kitchen.

"You are no ordinary child Damian, you have a gift and not using it would be a waste. You just been around the League to long to know exactly what is right and what is wrong." Bruce expresses to Damian. "We don't kill."

Damian speaks up, I was taught you destroy your enemy."

"That makes you like them." Bruce comments as he takes raw hamburger out of the package and places it in a pan to cook.

"It makes me better than them." Damain tells Bruce.

"Your grandfather was a murderer and a madman." Bruce tells Damian.

"He was a hero. he died a hero. You didn't know him like I did." Damian expresses to Bruce.

"Maybe not, but every time I encounter him and his League, it was to take out a population of a city. Which is not being a hero." Bruce tells Damian.

"That is your opinion. And personally I do not like how you are talking about my grandfather. If you can't except me for me, I don't need to be here any longer." Damian tells Bruce as he gets up from the stool he is sitting at.

"Do what you want Damian. But if you leave here, don;t expect me to come save you." Bruce tells Damain.

"Oh I can manage on my own. I am trained by the League of Assassins after all." Damian says as he leaves the out of the front door taking his Robin suit and hoping over the fence.