Chapter fourteen | Hello Mr. Hargrove |

"Hi, Mr. Hargrove, I'm Harper Henderson." Harper and Billy were now standing outside the front of Billy's house. Harper didn't understand why he was so tense as they walked up the driveway, but as soon as she saw the look the man sent his son, it was clear, "My brother is one of Max's friends and I thought I should come over to inform you that she's sleeping over." She began, "Tonight is the night he and his friends have a movie night and they invited Max. I didn't know she hadn't told anyone until Billy showed up at my door." Harper explained with a apologetic smile. Mr. Henderson's eyes left Harper, and moved to Billy with a stone-cold glare,

"Well, why didn't you bring her home?" He questioned, his voice as hard and distant as the state he sent his son. When Billy didn't answer, Harper could see the anger flare up, "Answer me!" He yelled, causing Harper to put her hands up,

"I told him not to!" She exclaimed, moving in front of Billy, "They were having so much fun and I didn't want to break it up so I thought I'd come over and apologise!" The elder man, turned his eyes away from Billy, and to Harper, giving her an almost forced smile.

"We appreciate your thoughtfulness, Harper. You have much more respect and responsibility than the boy that stands behind you." He stated, once again glaring at Billy.

Harper hadn't noticed, but he had his head faced to the ground, almost in shame, but it was in that moment that Harper realised why Billy was the way he was.

He was living in an abusive environment.

Just as he finished talking, a woman, who Harper assumed to be Mrs. Hargrove stood next to her husband with a coat around her shoulders.

"Where's Maxine?  Did you find her?" She asked, slightly worried,

"Yes, she's sleeping over at the young woman's house. Harper here was just explaining how her younger brother and his friends wanted to include her in their movie night." He told her with a smile. The woman sighed in relief, before giving Harper a warm smile,

"Thank you," was all she said, before her and her husband pushed past the pair.

"Susan and I won't be home until late tomorrow. I expect you to take Harper home and I want Max back before we are." He informed Billy, who merely nodded.

"Yes sir." And with that, the couple were off. As soon as they were down the street, Billy pushed Harper into the house, and closed the door. Before they do anything else, he grabs ahold of her hand and pulls her to the bathroom. Once they were there, he helped her take the shirt off, and begin to unwrap the bandages. As soon as that was done, he walked out, and came back moments later with a bottle of alcohol and a first aid kit.

He hands Harper the bottle, and begins to go through the kit, quickly finding the needle and silk string.

"What's this for?" Harper asked, pointing at the bottle.

"It's for drinking." He stated. Harper nodded, and unscrewed the lid. While Billy was preparing, Harper tilted the bottle up to her lips and drank a mouthful. The burning sensation sat in her mouth and slid down her throat, making her cringe.she put the bottle down on the sink, and held onto the edges.

The next half hour was filled with pain. But as soon as it was over, Billy led her to his room and gave her one of his shirts. Unfortunately, Harper's bra was drenched in her own blood, but she couldn't move her arms to take it off.

"Hey, Billy." Her voice was soft, but he still heard it. In his mouth was a cigarette, and as he took a drag and pulled it from his lips, he moved back over to Harper.

"Yeah?"

"I need you take help me with my bra." She stated, almost casually. She was embarrassed beyond belief, but it didn't matter if she acted like it didn't. A small smirk played on Billy's lips, and he walked around her still body, ever so slowly.

His soft hands ran across the top of her shoulders before ever so gently moving further down to unclasp her. Once he had, he pushed the straps from her shoulders, and watched as she let it fall to her feet. Neither of them said a word. He just stared at her bare, scarred back.

Just in front of them was a mirror, once which Harper stared into. She didn't take her eyes off Billy. She couldn't.

"Steve wasn't the one you were punching, was he?" Her question caused Billy to tense, his soft expression quickly hardening. He didn't understand how Harper knew. Billy hardly knew Steve, other than what he was told and the short amount of time he'd spent around the brunette. Surly he couldn't have hated him as much as he expressed earlier that night, "It was your dad." Harper turned around to face Billy, but when she met his eyes, she expected to see them flooded with rage. Instead, they were clouded with despair and pain.

Harper put her hands on his bare chest, before sliding them around his neck and pulling him closer and closer until their noses were almost touching. Ever so slowly, she placed her lips on his and even though it was short, it meant so much to not only him, but Harper too. Billy moved his arms to cup her ass, and lifted her off the ground.

He walked over to his bed with ease, as if he wasn't carrying Harper. Every thought he previously had about Her; how he would use her to get to Steve, how he wanted to see her break and fall, all melted away with her words. She understood him like no one else had, she showed him compassion and looked past his hard exterior and saw the vulnerable boy he still was.

Billy sat on his bed, gently placing Harper on his lap so he could look up into her deep, blue eyes and for the first time in his life, he truely understood what it felt like to be loved, for someone to look past everything he was- the monster that they all believed him to be, and still show want to be with him.

Billy licked his lips, a habit that Harper had grown to appreciate, and once again, she leaned into his lips, but this time, when their lips connected, he responded with passion and desperation. He needed her as much as she wanted him.

Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was how much of her younger self she saw in him, maybe it was his bare chest against her own or even the way his lips tasted like the cigarettes he constantly smoked.

Harper didn't care anymore. She wanted him and no matter how much she'd tried to convince herself he was a bad guy, and how what he did to Steve was terrifying, she couldn't stop herself. He wasn't a beast she once believed him to be. He was angry and didn't know how to let it go without hurting others.

But right here, right now, Harper couldn't have felt anymore safer. It felt right to be with him, for her to sit in his lap, with his arms gently wrapped around her slender frame. But no matter how right it felt, in the back of her mind Harper knew it was nothing short of wrong and she knew that no one could find out.

Not Steve, not her brother, not Tommy or Carol or even Max because Billy was a monster in their eyes and there was no redemption.

(A/n I'm pretty sure this is as close as I'll ever get to writing a sex scene. I'm not that great with kissing scenes either but I hope you liked this! Thank you all for reading this far and I will be adding a few more chapters but after that I'll be waiting until season three before I write anything else.)