【Chapter 1】

Edited

Prelude

Luca took in a deep breath while sitting in the confession booth of the church.

"Father"

He took the opening window as a sign of acknowledgement.

"Father forgive me for I have-"
He pauses for a bit and then continues."Father….forgive me, for I have no remorse for the sins I've committed."

"Then you should come another day. " Luca was surprised as he didn't expect a girl's voice from behind the wooden wall.

He quietly slide out of the booth to find the door slightly cracked, he peeked inside to see a girl with a faded red scarf over her head crouched inside the booth.

In one swift move he entered the booth and covered her mouth. She tried to scream, frantically to move away causing her scarf to fall from her head.

A tumble of blondish curl fell as her scarf was no longer there. It wasn't a bland color  white blonde, it was streaked with warm auburn hues mixed with butterscotch. It gave her pale face a warm glow rather than making her look sickly. Then as she opened her eyes he found himself surprised all over again, her eyes.

Her eyes gleamed in the light seeping in through the church windows. Their color was soft and the exact shade of a latte, a ring of gold speckled inside her iris, adding another layer of depth to her already beautiful eyes

"Don't scream, I am going to remove my hand." he said in a husky voice. She nodded.

He slowly removed his hand assured she wouldn't scream. She was terrified to say the least. She just finished cleaning the booth when the man came in. He pulled her out of the booth.

"Where is father?" He asked.

"You are late! he just left for the mass at homes. Tomorrow is easter." she looked sad as she said it.

For some reason he didn't want to see her sad and he knew what made her sad. This small town had only one church, be it a grand and beautiful place with the towns whole population being christian. Everyone was a true devoted followers of christ. So was she.

And by the looks of the purity ring on her left hand only made it clear how much of a devoted christian she was.

"If everyone is there what are you doing here?" He inquired "Cleaning for tomorrow." She said simply

"Did someone force you to?"

"No no! It's of my own free will! An act of forgiveness." She said sounding defense.

He looked bewildered. What on earth could such an innocent looking girl do?

"And what is your sin little doll?"

The name suited her as she looked as though she could break anytime, as well as beautiful with her little nose,her round chubby cheeks, her petite stature and her big brown eyes that shined off innocence,

"I ate my brother's sweets... UNINTENTIONALLY!" she said frantically emphasizing the fact that it was an accident.

If that counted as a sin to her and this was her act of forgiveness then he would have to clean the entire church top to bottom seventy times over with the amount of sins he has committed over the years.

He stretched out his hand.

"Pass me the cloth"

"huh!!" She puzzled by having this stranger want to help her.