Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

Peter sat on the ledge of a roof top, a leg dangling over the edge while he pulled the other up to his chest. Frowning he watched as the flames still burned, people now coming to investigate the scene. He watched as Happy, kind of his assigned babysitter slowly make his way towards the three guys tied to some boxes. Peter smiled, he caught the bad guys. He did it.

"Hey."

Peter sighed, out of the corner of his eyes he could see Hazel. She sat down next to him, her back to the scene playing out in front of him.

"Why are you still here." He asked.

"Remember when you called me and told me you lost the internship." She said, "I'd known you for only a few days and then a day after I found out about this other life, you called me."

Peter nodded, he remembered because he tried to call Ned but he never answered the phone. The only other person he could've called was Hazel, he knew she'd listen.

"I never had heard a dude so close to tears." She added with a small laugh.

Peter rolled his eyes, turning his head to her he watched as she stared at the ground.

"I'm sorry." Peter mumbled, "But you really shouldn't of followed me."

"Technically this is all your fault."

"What- how?"

"You trespassed onto my property which caused me to tackle you."

He huffed, "I didn't know who's house that was!"

She looked over at him with a smile, "Thanks."

Peter's brows furrowed in confusion, playing with his sleeve he turned to face her.

"What."

"This was fun." She shrugged, "I got to change something even if it's something no one will know about. I got to help."

Peter chuckled, "Mr Stark will probably want to talk to me."
"And when he does I'll see if you can come."

Hazel's eyes widened, a smile spreading on her face.

"Really?"

"Yah." Peter already kind of regretted telling her, "But you can only ask him a few questions and that's it."

Nodding she pulled herself off the ledge and stumbled onto the rooftop. Turning she rested her hands where she had sat and looked out onto the beach side.

"You made one hell of a mess, Mr Spider-Man."

"Shut it."

She snorted still focusing on the ground, flames danced in the reflection of her eyes.

"We should make a blow torch."

"What?" Peter blurted out, "No. what's wrong with you?"

She shrugged, "I like fire."

"How's your hands?"

Hazel stretched her arms out and placed her hands close to his face, he shook his head and grabbed them.

"Where did the marks go?"

Hazel shrugged, on her way up the stairs she noticed the stinging had gone down mysteriously quick and upon investigation she discovered the burns from the heat were gone.

"That's not right." He added squinting as if that would make them re appear, Hazel ripped her hands from his grip and placed them at her sides.

Peter pulled himself off the ledge and moved next to Hazel, both looking out.

Peter laughed when he watched Happy, a grumpy look on his face, discover and quickly solve what laid out before him. Peter nudged Hazel's side and pointed down to him, Hazel staring down trying to follow his finger.

"See that guy down there." Peter said, "In the suit and very expensive looking clipboard."

Hazel snorted, she did that a lot. "How can a clipboard be expensive?"

Peter huffed looking over at her, "Do you see him?"

She nodded.

"He's kind of Mr Stark's assistant. He's supposed to watch over me and make sure I stay out of trouble."

"So like a babysitter?"

"No." Peter quickly said, "Nothing like a babysitter."

Hazel laughed backing away from the ledge, "It sounds like a billionaire hired you a babysitter."

"Fine." Peter grumbled, "But I really think you should go home now, Hazel."

"You too."

"I'm gonna stay and watch how this plays out." He told her, "I'll text you when I get home."

Hazel smiled, "I'll do the same."

As soon as she disappeared down the stairwell, Peter let out a long sigh and placed his head in his hands. Taking a shaky breath he pulled himself up and gave the scene one last look before making his way towards the stairwell where Hazel sat a few flights down.

"Are you kidding me?" He said staring at her.

She shrugged, "I figured you might not want to walk home alone."

"And why is that?"

"You look like death and are wearing a questionable outfit."

"You don't look that great either." He pointed out.

Hazel laughed, a weird laugh mixed with a snort that made Peter start to chuckle.

"I never look good." She told him, "So it makes no difference."

Peter grinned, "So you're saying I look good?"

"I'm saying you look like death."

He shook his head, "Whatever."

Hazel stood up and took a quick look at her outfit, frowning she shrugged.

"I better get back to the dance."

"It's over." Peter said, "Plus your dress is dirty, ripped and I'm pretty sure it caught fire at one point."

Shrugging again she said nothing as she continued walking down the stairs. Peter sighed, following her down. The pair were silent all the way to Hazel's house where he dropped her off before walking to his own in complete silence.