Chapter 8: The Nightmares Begin

"Goodnight." He mumbled.

"Goodnight."

Warnings: Violence and Torture

-----------

I fought as much as I could, getting the gruff man as far away from me as possible. Impatient, he huffed, taking an electric stick from his belt, turning it on and tazing me with it. I screamed as loud as my lungs would let me, tears fell down my cheeks at the constant pain. He continued stinging me in the stomach until I was out of breath. Picking me up, he dragged me into the hallway. Pulling me to a big spacious room with many scientists and machinery. I felt my heartbeat pulse in my ears as I was thrown into a glass cage. I looked up to it as I was pushed inside, I squirmed as they attached my arms and legs down in metal cuffs.

"She's not willingly showing her 'mutation' so we have to force her to change." I distinguished from one of the scientists as they were discussing, their voices slightly muffled from the glass and from my fuzzy mind.
Seconds later, ice cold water fell on me until I was completely soaked. I screamed my lungs out at the burning sensation of coldness against my skin. I breathed heavily as I tried to recover from the temperature change.

"Try the next one," I heard one of the scientists' order. I furrowed my eyebrows but let out a blood-curdling scream as electricity ran through me. After what felt like hours, it finally stopped.

"Crank it up!" The same scientist ordered. Endless hours were spent trying to trigger my animal forms, tireless days they would torture me, and not a single day I had regained hope. The only hope I had was to die.

-----Time Skip-----

"Listen here, honey!" The gruff man that kidnapped me mocked.

"You need to change in one of your forms so that we can examine you." He explained, he must have been the head of security or something.

"You mean to torture me again?" I spat out of breath. He chuckled darkly whilst standing up, pacing to me and looking down at me. He held my jaw as I was forced to look up at him.

"I know a few people that would be more than willing to take you in and make you their weapon." he hummed.

"Go to hell." I whispered as he let go. His eyes narrowed, slapping me across the face with a terrifying force.

"You little bitch!" He pronounced as he took his electric stick. A knife revealed itself inside of it and he planted the stick in my leg.

"STOP PLEASE!!!!" I yelled, tears forming once again in my eyes as I whimpered.

"No." He laughed, pressing a button on the stick, sending electricity shooting through me.

-------

"(Y/N)!!" A voice pronounced as it shook me violently. My eyes opened quickly and I stared in fear at the tall figure holding my wrists.

"Calm down!!" The familiar voice soothed as it brought my wrists to its chest.

"Dick!" I yelped as I cried harder, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Shhh, you're okay, you're safe now." He explained, slowly bringing me in a hug. I fisted his shirt as I buried my face in his chest. I felt his head on mines as he nuzzled his face in my hair.

 I felt his head on mines as he nuzzled his face in my hair

"I'm here for you." He reassured, drawing circles on my back once he slid his arms around my waist. My crying died down as I steadied my breathing.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He whispered. I shook my head violently as I fisted his shirt harder and an unintentional gasp escaped my lips.

"Hey, hey, hey, breathe!" He articulated as he cupped my cheeks, planting a soft kiss on my forehead. He brought me even closer to his body as he nuzzled my neck.

-----Time Skip-----

The next morning....

I slowly opened my eyes, letting them adjust to the bright light that was only slightly stopped by the bedroom curtains. I lifted my head up as I felt shifting under me.

"Good morning." Dick mumbled. I smiled faintly at him then relaxed under his touch as he caressed the back of my neck. Suddenly, the door slammed open.
"Grayson, Todd wants to know if you've seen (L/-" The youngest Wayne stopped mid-sentence when his eyes stopped at mines.

"You slept with her Grayson?" He sneered.

"No, I just.... had a nightmare." I sighed as I sat up, rubbing my forehead.

"Dick where's the chic-, the sweet innocent person I have ever set my eyes upon!" Wally laughed nervously once he saw that I was in Dick's presence. I blushed slightly at his words.

"How are you feeling (Y/N)?" Dick asked, rubbing my back.

"I'm...okay." I whispered, never gazing at him, embarrassment taking over me once again.

"Hey, if you want to talk we're here okay? We'll be in the dining room when you're ready." Dick explained as he stood up and pushed Wally out of the room. Damian looked at me with a curious and suspicious gaze, yet his body language screamed pity. He then proceeded out of the room, following his brothers. I sighed heavily as I lazily stood up and walked out of the rooms. The slightly cold air hitting my skin made me divert my destination. I walked past the many bedrooms. I peeked into each one of them, looking for one of the boys that might still be in bed. I stumbled upon one of the guests' rooms where a ginger was lazily scanning through his phone.

"Hey, Roy." I greeted as I hugged myself.

"Hey, babe," He smirked.

"Do you have a sweatshirt I can borrow? I know I bought a bunch but men's sweatshirts are so much more comfortable and warm." I explained.

"Sure!" He winked, standing up and skimming through his wardrobe and throwing a plain red sweatshirt to me.

"Thanks, Roy," I nodded as I put it on and walked to the kitchen.

"Morning." I mumbled and sat on one of the few spare dining room chairs.

"Batman wants us at Mount Justice." Dick mumbled, his mouth full of cereal.

"No fucking way, I was just about to 'tolerate' it here, I ain't going back to the Old Man with a bunch of kids!" Jason groaned.

"It'll be over soon." Dick reassured.

Comments are appreciated! Thanks for reading!