| Chapter 16 |

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm hanging in there." I had on a smile that would fool anyone.

A light orchestra of music played from the small speakers, giving the restaurant a light feel to it. Kevin and I decided to hit the town tonight. He said it was his way of making up for not showing up to the barbecue. Personal reasons he says.

I picked up my glass and brought it to my lips, my eyes sneaking a quick peak at Kevin. I actually felt relieved that he did not show up to the barbecue. I'm pretty sure Xavier would have scared him off as well.

"So how is the pack life treating you?" He leaned back in his chair before he crossed his arms, forcing his arms to ripple through the flannel shirt that he wore.

"Its...different. I became so used to the city life and private atmosphere. This was all overwhelming at first but it seemed to be getting better." A smile followed my simple lie.

I refused to give him the full story of my current situation living in the household. What could he do? I was living under the rule of one of the most prevailing Alpha's across the country. It was nothing Kevin could do for me.

"Amira?" his voice took on a more serious tone. "I really like you and would hope to see you again. Hopefully, it would be more...serious terms."

I looked into his eyes as they glowed with hope. I, left lost for words, was left with wide eyes and a slightly open jaw. I must have looked like a fool. A speechless fool. Amused by my reaction to his request, he let out a soft laugh.

"You don't have to respond so quickly. Just...think about it."

"Um." I still could not find the words to give him. "Okay."

He took a quick look at his gold watch that dazzled his wrist.

"I should be getting you back home soon."

I nodded my head in agreement. We finished off our drinks and gathered our things. He pulled out his wallet and placed a few bills on the table. We stood up as he escorted me out the restaurant and to his car....

The drive home seemed eerie. Our topic of our previous conversation replayed in my head like a broken record. Dating? Is that something that I needed right now in my current situation? How would the all mighty Alpha react to this?

My face went sour, clearly disappointed in myself for even concerning myself with his opinion. The car began to slow before it screeched to an abrupt stop. I gathered up my belongings before my passenger door opened. I took his hand as he escorted me out of the car.

"Thank you." A pure gentleman. His hand still enclosed around my own, we walked up the pathway to the main entrance door.

"Goodnight." He closed the gap between him and I once he wrapped his arms around me for a gentle embracing hug to end the wonderful night. He pulled slightly before he moved in for an ending kiss. My eyes eclectic and full of shock, I stood at the moment, unable to move a single limb.

I pulled back from the intensifying kiss before I shifted my eyes to the ground. It was deeper then I anticipated which seemed to throw me for a loop.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to upset you."

"No. No, its fine. Just caught me off guard." I ran the tips of my fingers across my lips.

"Oh." He slowly back away before he looked into my eyes. He starred at me as if he was waiting for a response from me. What did he want me to say? What did he want me to do? I seemed to be on the spot at the moment. Between his intense silence and piercing eyes, I swore I was going to lose my mind. What should I do?