3.0 (edited) [ epilogue ]

i'm sorry, it's not as long as you guys expected, but i hope you all still enjoy!

um, also sorry for the mishap which was that ppl couldn't see this chapter so i had to re-post it so yeah

-

| DESK NOTES |

                “Luke Robert Hemmings.”

 I groaned obnoxiously as Ema giggled beside me. “Why must they say our middle names?” I asked, pecking her on the lips.

                 “How should I know?” She stuck her tongue out at me. “Now, go, they called you!”

                 “I noticed,” I retorted smartly. “can I have a good luck kiss?”

                 “You just kissed me,” She pointed out with a smirk playing on her lips. “and why do you need good luck?”

                 “What if I fall on stage in front of everyone?” I asked as she buttoned up the last two buttons on my graduation gown.

            “You won’t, I promise,” She assured me. Before I could retort something smart, she placed her lips onto mine. I reacted instantly by kissing back, then pulling at her bottom lip, begging for entrance. Yes, she’d finally learned to French kiss. It’s about time, too. Since she was my girlfriend, she would have to learn how to french kiss, because it was and is my favorite type of embrace.

            “Okay, I’m going now,” I said, as I removed my lips from hers. I walked up the steps and onto the stage before they could call my name again.

The principle, Ms. Lail, handed me my awards, and kissed the top of my head as she pulled me into a bear hug. We escaped from the friendly gesture and when I looked up to meet her face, she had tears pooling her eyes. Genuine tears. I smiled at her and made my way to the microphone, reciting the short speech I’d planned in my head.

            “Um, hey,” I waved to the crowd before me, my breathing erratic.

All the people in the crowd replied all replied ‘Hi’ together in a monotone voice as if they’d prepared it.

            “This is unbelievable, really. It seems like yesterday I was walking into Kindergarten, clutching onto my mom’s arm for dear life.” Most of the crowd chuckled; others cracked a closed lip smile, probably remembering when their child was in that state. “But this isn’t a trip down memory lane, this is my graduation. This is graduation! I honestly can’t believe I’m here. I’d like to thank my mum, my dad, my grandma, my grandpa, and aunt and uncle, my cousins, and my friends, Calum, Ashton, and Michael.” I heard the boys cheering in the back, grins clear on her faces.

          “I want to thank my girlfriend, Ema Greenwood, for being here with me most of the steps of the way.” I turned to the school behind me. “And last but not least, I want to thank school for ruining my life. You ruined my life, but you made it worth living. On the bright side, now I can go to college. Ciao!”

I walked off the stage feeling confident, and was soon rewarded by a pair of arms wrapping around my waist. “Wanna get out of here?” I grinned, looking back at Ema.

          “Sure, let me just get something from Mr. Katutis’s room. Mind grabbing my awards and putting them in the car?”

I nodded, kissing her on the cheek before we parted.

                           - - -

     “Have you got anything planned for today?” Ema asked as I pulled up to our driveway.

      “No, nothing really. Did you want to do something?” I questioned, motioning towards the key, telling her that I would gladly drive her anywhere she needed to go.

     “Can we go to JoJo’s?” She asked. “We haven’t gone there in forever,” She commented. Her cheeks turned red as I started at her intensely, because I could tell she’s planning something. Reminded me of the first time we met when I called her gorgeous, and she blushed.

     “Sure,” I answered uneasily. I pulled out of the driveway again, and Ema turned on the radio that just happened to be playing the CD with her favorite song, Miss Jackson by Panic! At The Disco. I remembered she said it was her favorite song, so I, being a gentlemen and a great boyfriend, bought her the full album.

We honestly didn’t need to take the car, because JoJo’s was literally across the street. Well, not literally but all you have to do is exit the neighborhood and keep driving without any turns for about two minutes, then turn to your left. But we were a lazy couple, and we just loved burning gas instead of getting a good workout.

Not really. It’s just that we were already in the car, so there’s no point in leaving, anyways.

I pulled up into the parking lot behind the frozen yogurt shop and pulled the keys from the ignition. Ema intertwined our fingers together as we walk into JoJo’s., one hand already occupied by the box she’d brought from school.

     “Luke, Ema,” The owner praised as we walked through the front door. “How are you guys? How’s the relationship?” We go to JoJo’s at least once every other week, but during the last month of school we slacked off on the unplanned schedule for JoJo’s, so it’s been a while since we’ve seen Megan.

     “We’re great,” Ema answered for me and her. “And the relationship is still going strong.” Ema lifted up our hands to show Megan just how strong we were going.

     “Luke still didn’t pop the question yet?” Megan joked.

     “No, I’ve been waiting forever,” Ema answered dramatically, trying to stifle a giggle.

                  “Hey,” I faked a frown. “I want it to be special and romantic, or however you girls like it. I’m still planning it.”

                  “Whatever,” Ema grinned as she walked pass me, removing her hand from mine. “Ooh, loving the new flavors, Meg,”

                  “What are they?” I wondered walking over to where she stood filling her bowl with frozen yogurt.

                  “Pineapple, Raspberry, Dulce De Leche, and Cheesecake.”

                           - - -

     “So what’s the box for?” I asked, chewing on my gummy bears.

     “Funny you asked,” She pulled the box into her lap and opened it. She searched through it, pulling out certain little slips of papers. She then handed them to me and my heart warmed when I realized what these were. This is why she was acting weird in the car—

The notes.

These were the notes that started everything.

      “How did you find these?” I asked, reading through them.

      “I kept them hidden in my binder.” She answered simply. “You want to go through them? Like, read them?”

         “Sure,” I reached my hand across the table to place it atop hers. “I love you. Alright?”

         “I love you, too. Alright.” She smiled. And you know what they say; smiles are contagious, so I, of course, ended up smiling with her. “Dear person who finds this later on in the day . . .”

              It’s amazing how a couple of notes can bring two people together.

                           the beginning.

-

DONT DELETE FROM UR LIBRARY! I STILL HAVE TO MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE AUTHOR'S NOTE THAT'S COMING UP.