2.9 (edited) [ last chapter ]

• Gewidmet life

THEY'RE FINALLY MEETING GUYS OMFG

THIS IS IT!

| DESK NOTES |

“Where are you going?” Ms. Rivera asked me, her Spanish accent as thick as ever, as I walked past the bus loops.

“Somewhere.”

“You aren’t taking the bus today?” She frowned. She seemed genuinely concerned, I mean, except for that time I was stood up at the library, I’ve always ridden the bus home. She ran a hand through her short, curly, light brown hair. For some crazy reason, her hair reminded me of Rapunzel’s after she got it chopped off and it turned brown.

“Nah,” I smiled a wide toothy grin. “I’m meeting someone on the way home,”

Her hand dropped from her head to her side and she grinned, “Who?” See, other people would’ve considered her being nosey, but this, this is normal. She’s basically like a second mother to me – ever since I was in Kindergarten, she’d been my teacher, and here she is still teaching me. It’s ironic, really. All her years of teaching, she’d spent with me.

“A boy I really like,” I bit my lip, to stifle another smile from escaping my lips.

“Aw, my little Ema is growing up! What’s his name?” She pressed on, as if she didn't believe me. I don't blame her, though. If I was her, I wouldn’t believe me either. All the years she’s been teaching me, I’ve never had a boyfriend. Sure, I had guy friends, and boys who liked me, but never had I ever been in love.

I wanted to say I didn’t know his name, but then she would've actually doubted me. “Uh, Robbie – mean, Robert.”

“Aw, well I’d hate to keep you here when you should be on a date,” she shoved my left shoulder and winked at me. “so, go, and have fun! Don’t forget protection! Bye, Ema.”

My cheeks flared as I muttered a quick ‘bye’ and ran off to JoJo’s, the hangout closest to the school that sells frozen yogurt. Did she actually think I was gonna do it? I mean, did she think I was that desperate? I don’t even know his real name!

But she doesn’t know that, my mind reminded me.

True, true. 

I smoothed out my Panic! At The Disco shirt, and pulled up my jeans, while trying to fix my hair all at once. I didn’t want Robbie to think of me as some weird slob - this was our first time meeting, and I wanted to make it memorable.

I walked up to the front door at JoJo’s only to find they were closed for the next two hours. What if Robbie had already came and left because of the sign? I closed my eyes, willing myself not to cry.

He promised, my mind told me. He has to come.

I turned around and took a seat at the tables they had set outside for the customers who preferred to sit outside, than inside.