Day Twelve - Time Manipulation

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND, 2012

DAY TWELVE 

TIME MANIPULATION 

This power allows you to slow down or speed up time as you wish.  

ACTIVATION 

Simply stare at a clock or a watch and decide how long you would like a certain period of time to last. For example, if it is 11:30 and you want your lunch period to feel like it lasted an hour longer, imagine it being 11:30 for an hour, and once the hour is over, it will continue the time as per usual. Conversely, if you want your lunch period to seem like it is half as long, imagine the minutes lasting half as long as they normally would. This one is difficult to understand at first, but easy to manage once you get the hang of it.

Congratulations on asking out that girl, Andrew.

Signed, 

33

If you were to ask me what we talked about during first and second hour, I honestly couldn't tell you. I really wasn't paying any attention. I couldn't even tell you if Chloe was late to class or not. All I could focus on were Rachel's response the night before, and what I was going to do on our date.  

I still couldn't believe she told me yes. I didn't think a girl like her would say yes to a guy like me. I mean, I'm not going to complain or question it. I just didn't expect it. I thought she'd let me down gently but say she just wanted to be friends. I didn't think she'd actually say yes.  

As I closed my locker, I saw Rachel walking towards me before third hour. I smiled when I saw her, because she was already smiling at me. God, her smile could make me happy anytime, even if it was the end of the world and the walls of society started crumbling down. I beat her to her usual greeting. "Hey, best friend," I called to her. 

She giggled ever so slightly, almost undetectably. "Hey, best friend. How are you?" 

"I'm... I'm awesome. How are you?" 

"Alright, I guess...." 

"Hey.... did you do the homework for World Religions?" 

"Yeah....?" she answered apprehensively. "Why?" 

"Well.... I hate to do this to you, Rache, but..... I couldn't get a couple answers.... Do you mind if I see yours....?" 

She shook her head, but looked a little down. Her smile didn't completely wipe away, but it wasn't as big and bright as it was a second before. She pulled the worksheet out of her folder and handed it to me. "Yeah.... here....." 

"Thanks, Rache..... I owe you one." 

She shook her head. "No.... don't worry about it....."  

"Rache....? You okay....?" 

"....Yeah...." 

I was trying to figure out what I did. She was perfectly fine before I asked her for her homework. Not realizing what else to do, I gave her back the worksheet. "Here. Never mind." 

She looked at me quizzically. "What....?" 

"Never mind, I'll be fine. But I want to know what's wrong later." 

She still looked a little confused, but not as upset. "Okay..... During fifth hour, then." 

I nodded. "Sounds good."