Day Sixteen: Prophecy

Saturday, September 6th, 2012

DAY SIXTEEN

PROPHECY

This power allows you to predict small portions of the future. You cannot predict all of it for everyone, but you can predict some things that will happen. For example, you can see what you will get on your next math exam or what will be served for lunch in a few weeks. Just in case you want to plan your meals in advance.

ACTIVATION

Simply look into a person's eyes and you will be able to see into their future for as long as you can maintain eye contact. Think of it as a staring contest of sorts.

Signed,

33

After our guitar lesson, I drove Rachel back to her house so she could change before going to the fair. I sat in the truck, banging my imaginary drumsticks against the steering wheel to one of my favorite songs on the radio from the CD in the player. Yes, I'm one of those people who still play CDs in their car radios. I was in the middle of a drum solo when Dirk texted me.

Hey. Well be a little late 2 the fair but well be there. Brady is getting a lecture from dad and were not sure when hes gonna be done or if hell be able to go. U might just have to deal with me tonight.

I chuckled. Brady was always getting yelled at for something. He wasn't necessarily the bad boy type, but he wasn't always the type to do what he's told.

oh joy. I didnt even want to deal with you tonight. Ugh I guess I will. Just text me when you get here.

I restarted the track so I could nail my drum solo, and right at the exact moment he interrupted before, Dirk texted me again.

Haha. Youre hilarious. Remind me to throw tomatoes at you when I go to ur next show at the comedy club.

I smiled and returned to my drum solo. Just then, Rachel came out of her house wearing a pair of super short shorts and a white V-neck shirt that made my heart stop. She hopped into her seat and smiled her bright smile at me. "Ready?"

I nodded and smiled back at her. "As long as you're ready, baby, I'm ready." I pulled the truck into drive and drove to the fair.

The fair that we were all going to – which was technically and officially called the Livonia Spree – was a ginormous week-long festival that typically occurs in the last week of June, but this year was moved to the beginning of September to make it easier to schedule around youth baseball and softball leagues playing. It was always split into two parts: one, for the kids, with all the rides and rigged games and the popcorn and lemonade stands; and the other, full of more food vendors and sponsors and dancing and music. It's always a bitch to try to park anywhere near the fair, but I ended up parking a couple blocks away and we walked down to the fair.

Rachel laced her fingers between mine and I smiled. I was still in shock that she said yes to me the night before, but I wasn't complaining. I was just so happy that she was finally mine that I didn't care about anything else. I squeezed her hand as we waited in line for our bracelets to ride the rides.

"Drew, can I tell you something...?" Rachel asked.

"Of course baby. What's up?"

"I, um... I've never been to a fair or a festival like this before. So...I'm new to all of this."