Day Nine: Force Fields

Saturday, August 30th, 2012 

DAY NINE: 

FORCE FIELDS 

This power allows you to cast force fields everywhere. They are, basically, small balls of energy that can stop anything and everything in its place. Very nifty, these force fields, and they can occasionally come in handy, when you either need to stop someone very quickly, or stop something from colliding with something else.  

ACTIVATION: 

Basically, you cup your hands together and slowly pull them apart. Once there is a significantly large ball of energy in your hand, cup your hands behind the ball slowly and shove it in the direction you wish for it to go. It may take some getting used to, so do not be surprised if a few things break while you are adjusting to this power.

Concentration is also key for this power, Andrew. Lack of such could cause serious damage to either yourself or others around you.

Signed, 

33

I tossed the journal back onto the couch after reading this entry for the third time, making sure I understood every inch of what 33 had written. Staring at three large black spots on the far wall of the Shack, I'd been trying to master my power for over four hours, without much measureable progress. I had luckily thought to move the couch and T.V. out of the way, because I would've hit them with the crazy little force fields. Whoever thought it was a good idea to trust me with flying balls of energy is obviously out of their minds.  

I concentrated deeply again, trying to not get distracted as I had nine times previous. I wanted to get it right, no matter what I had to do. I focused intensely on my hands, pulling them apart from each other slowly and saw another small orange-green ball form. I got it up to the size of a softball, and then slowly moved my left hand behind the ball. I was literally about to shove it towards the wall again when I - probably in a bout of over-concentration - thought of Rachel, and how amazingly distracting her eyes were, and lost the energy in the middle of the shove; instead of throwing a softball-sized force field, it turned out to barely be the size of a golf ball. It barely hit against the back wall, and made a very faint "THUMP" when it made contact.  

I sighed deeply. "Shit." 

The door to the Shack opened and Dirk came in. "Hey, dude." He looked around, seeing the huge black spots on the wall and turned back to me. "Anger management exercise?" 

I shook my head. "My new power. Check it out." 

Dirk grabbed the journal and read the entry for that day. "So... you've been playing with balls all day...?" 

I glared at him. "It's not as easy as it looks, you know." 

"I can imagine. Staying in the closet for that long, I mean..." I glared at him again. "Oh, come on, man, you know I'm just messing with you. I know you're into Rachel. How's that going, by the way?" 

"How's what going?" I asked as I tried concentrating on the force fields again. 

"Rachel." 

As he said her name, I was in the middle of attempting to push another force field. I got distracted again, thinking about her instead of the ball, and almost hit Dirk instead of the back wall. Dirk dodged it just in time; had he not, he would've been missing a left arm. 

"Jesus... that well, huh?" he asked. 

I shook my head. "No, Dirk... When I'm doing the force fields I have to concentrate. Otherwise I could hurt someone. Saying her name... even thinking about her..." I looked down at the ground, thinking about the day before and everything I wanted to tell her.