9 Start of Recovery

"Come on Yusei, it's time to go." Jack said calmly as he wheeled Yusei out the hospital, since it was somewhat mandatory for some patients to be in a wheelchair when leaving. Yusei was wearing Jack's spare coat and shirt, it was cold outside, yet Yusei didn't react at all to the temperature change.

Yusei stayed silent like Jack expected but he noticed Yusei twitch in response so he nodded to himself and calmly led Yusei to the car Ushio drove over to pick them up.

Jack placed Yusei gently into the car and pushed the wheelchair back into the hospital, Ushio looking over Yusei through the review mirror and flinched at the hollow look Yusei sported and was a small bit happy when Jack came back and said they can go.

After a very quiet drive back, Jack led Yusei to his apartment and sat him down on the couch, Ushio told Jack that the others would be here soon and decided to wait outside for them.

Jack sighed to himself as Yusei still didn't react to his surroundings but slowly reached out to place a hand on Yusei's shoulder which made Yusei turn to him.

"The others will be here in a few so hang tight okay?" Yusei stared at Jack and twitched slightly again, Jack took this as a yes and nodded.

Before Jack could ask Yusei if he wanted to watch something, the apartment door opened and Akiza stepped in.

"Welcome back Yusei!" Akiza said happily as she walked towards the pair. Rua and Ruka were following her with Crow not far behind.

"We brought some people too." Jack wasn't surprised when Ushio came in, but he was surprised when Martha and Carly came in.

"Yusei..." Martha said softly as she saw him; Carly skipped towards Jack and hugged him.

"Hi Jack!" Carly exclaimed happily as she hugged him. Jack pushed her away after a bit and allowed Martha to hug him too.

"How is he?" She asked quietly as she looked over Yusei, she did not like how thin he was. She was only told about Yusei disappearing about a month after he was already gone, she was not told about how Yusei was extremely injured until just a few days ago.

"Still not talking since that time when he woke up." Jack told her, a look of sadness covering his face.

"Yusei seemed to remember you Martha so why don't you talk to him?" Akiza suggested to her, earning a nod.

Martha stepped closer to Yusei and sat next to him, Yusei flinched but nothing more.

"Yusei, do you remember me?" Martha said gently, Yusei did not respond and did not look at her.

"Yusei, please say something, we're very worried about you." Martha went and placed her hand on his shoulder and pulled it away quickly when Yusei jerked away from her.

"Yusei?" Yusei started shaking and kept leaning away from her, Martha looked at him sadly.

"Oh Yusei, what did he do to you?" she murmured softly. Everyone looked on sadly as Yusei kept leaning away. Jack moved closer and gently placed his hand on Yusei's shoulder; everyone was surprised when Yusei stopped shaking and looked up at Jack.

"Yusei you can trust us." Jack said gently, a small smile on his face.

Yusei just looked at Jack before sitting up straight and staring forward.

Akiza looked deep in thought as she observed Yusei's actions but didn't say anything.

Martha looked unsure of how to act but she slowly placed her hand on Yusei's shoulder again and this time Yusei didn't flinch away.