Challenge 2: Day 23

Something that makes me cry:

Let's not be depressed for once, I think what makes me cry the most are songs. Sure as hell one in particular.

One More Light by Linkin Park.

It's basically about someone that commits suicide. If I'm not mistaken I read somewhere that this was an ode to his friend that took his own life.
It really speaks to me on so many levels. I mainly think the song brings the Linkin Park fandom together. Because even if were just a little dot in time, we aren't just that. We are more than that. We have a place where people care and we have a place where we can be ourselves.

The song reminds me of my attempt to take my own life in the past as well. I just feel like I have to be proud that I held on because honestly, I've found a fandom and a band that care.

When the news of Chester's death came, it hit like 20 busses and a monstertruck just got dumped on me. I cried for 3 days. I feel like, if you listen close to every song, you can hear he was depressed. I feel like we should've seen signs but we ignored them.
That's why I cry when this song is on. I think it perfectly tells how the fandom, his friends and family feel.

I don't know... It just leaves a big impression, I geuss.