IMAGINE ♔ belch huggins

TITLE: bet you twenty it's a girl
WORDCOUNT: 1263
REQUESTED BY: little81712
BEFOREHAND: you guys are 17 in this

• • • • •

"...Dad's going to actually kill you." Beverly exclaimed, crossing her arms across her chest. She was staring off into space with her face distorted, acting almost as if she was more scared than I was.

I took my bottom lip in between my teeth, "Yeah, I know." Beverly runs a hand through her orange, ember hair. "But I already thought it all out. I turn eighteen next month, so I'll legally be an adult and dad won't be able to control me any longer."

The freckled girl let out a sigh, "And you're sure you really want to keep it?"

I nodded my head with a small smile, "He." I corrected, then continued. "And yes."

She raised an eyebrow at me, "He?" I just gave her a shrug, and she smiled in return. "Well, I guess if you're happy, then I am too."

I was happy. I found out that I was pregnant about a week ago, but I've been suspecting for the past month. It's given me plenty of time to think it over, having a child that is. I'm a senior graduating in a few months, and I already had enough money saved up over working to get a place. Once I had the baby, I could go back to working part time (while Beverly watched the baby) while Belch would be in college on a baseball scholarship, which would most likely lead him into the MBL (he was the best player in the county, everyone was sure he was going to make it to the major leagues).

[if you've read the book then you understand this, if you haven't then spoiler: reginald is amazing at baseball]

I was only about a month and a half in so it's been pretty easy hiding it, but Beverly had walked in on me changing a moment ago and that's how we ended up in the situation that we're in right now.

It was almost as if Beverly had read my mind as her eyes widened. "Does Belch know yet?" Beverly never had liked Belch (mostly because he used to pick on her and her friends when they were little), but she's opened up more to him since we've been dating for almost three years now.

Guilt crawled to my cheeks, setting them ablaze. "No..." I looked down, fiddling with my fingers.

"What?! You've been pregos for how long now, and you still haven't told him?" She stood up from her place on my bed, giving me a stern look. "You need to tell him, the longer you wait the worse he's going to take the news."

"I know, I know." I followed her steps, standing up. "But, I don't think he's going to take it badly. He-"

Beverly interrupted me, her voice getting louder. "Oh god, don't tell me you guys planned this."

"No, no, no, no." Her face relaxed a bit. "It's just that Belch has been mentioning kids and our future more and more recently. Talking about starting a family, and I want one too."

She gave me a look, "Then why haven't you told him yet?"

I shrugged, "Just haven't had the time to."

"Are you doing anything right now?" Beverly questioned and I gave her a confused look.

"Besides talking to you, no."