Torture

The boy looked into my eyes briefly and in a blink I found myself inside a living room. I felt the cold air from the air condition that cooled me a little.

I looked at this stranger who got me here in a blink. My eyes were wide as I looked at the familiar items like the couch, table and frames. I ran to the window, and I looked at the grass outside. I have been running in the fields before, but I didn’t have time to observe nature’s beauty. I looked back at the boy, who was smiling sweetly at me like I was a little girl.

 I realized in the dim light of a little lamp that his eyes were green, and that he had dirty blonde hair.

 “Do you want to change?” he asked me. I nodded. “Come with me” he said, and I followed him up the stairs of his home. He led me to the bathroom and I gasped at how much I actually missed the room. Where I could actually wash myself. He gave me my own privacy and when I got out of the shower I found a pair of underwear, bra, pair of black jeans and a green shirt. I had given my body a good scrub, actually 4 or 5, and then I washed my hair twice. Till I actually felt clean.

 When I went back downstairs I smiled at him and he beamed at me. He was sitting on the couch and then he patted the spot next to him. I went to sit next to him and he offered me a cup of fresh ice tea. I took it and drank it in one breath. “Thank you” I told him pleased. He smiled. “My name’s Hayden.” He told me. “I’m Charmian” I said. “Tell me about you. I want to know everything. From the beginning.” Why he actually was interested didn’t know.

I took a deep breath… “When I was young, my parents used to tell m things like “you’re one of a kind” or “in the whole world there are very very few people like you” and I would be happy about that compliment. But what I didn’t know was that that was actually a compliment at all. It was a warning. But at age of 5, I still didn’t know. I used to think that they had meant to say “I love you” in their own private way. I was wrong. What they meant was that I was a key to a treasure that would lead anyone to rule the world. Yep rule the world.

But the thing was that I didn’t know how I could lead to that treasure. My life led to lots of dangers, and my parents used to tell me to trust no one, but trust everyone. They meant that I should let no one know lots of things about me but still letting people know who I am and what I’m made of. It’s complicated, but it had to be like that.

Because of me one of my teachers died, just because I told her i9 was a key to a treasure and she had thought me insane. I found out she was dead the next day. They found her full of bites. She was my kindergarten teacher, and we she was found dead my parents questioned me if I ever told her that I was a ‘key’, and I had told them ‘yes’ they warned me never to do that again because the reason she died was because I told her, and that put her in extreme danger.

And one night, when I was 19, a few weeks after my birthday, we were attacked. And by who? The people I called friends. Tied me to a chair and killed my parents in front of my own eyes. They stabbed them both in the heart and then threatened to kill me if I didn’t take them to the treasure. I didn’t know where it was, but they didn’t believe me.

So they took me in an underground building and tied my hands to the ceiling, leaving me dangling there for at least 3 days. Then they decided to interrogate me. My hands were bleeding from the friction between the thick rope and my skin. They hadn’t fed me, and I was starving to death. I haven’t drank either.

When I refused to give them any information – mainly because my parents never got the chance to actually tell me anything – they beat me up. They used to bring me down from the ceiling and start kicking me, punching me and hurting me with their whip.

I was shredded, my whole body filled with wounds, and also biting marks. These 3 people were daemons.

For real.

Daemons.

And when I found out I was shocked because I never knew that those things actually existed. And the frightened me.

A lot.

They let me shower only once a weak and they never cared to feed me. At least they let me drink.

They let all my wounds open. They never actually thought that if I died they will definitely never have the treasure.

But I never said anything, because I used to think death is always better than being tortured. At least if I’ll die I’ll be in peace……………

But I didn’t die. No one gave me some mercy, and I was their prisoner for 3 months; until I ran away and I found you.”