9-2

A/N: I know the map is still the same and it gets kinda lame to post the same one all the time but Rokuro is there so chapter 10 will be different!^^

-------------------

"Look at you wearing our uniform like you've always wanted!" Proudly she smiled at Rokuro while she led them towards the beach. She could not believe it. Her best friend was here! From all the things that could have happened, she'd never expected that. Rather she'd expected to starve to death on this island, to sail with Shimon to Crystal Island on a raft or to get caught by her soldiers and be dragged home.

It sure was surprising! Today had been full of surprises! Her heart fluttered cheerfully as she was still hyped from all this energy circulating within her system after controlling the Crystal's powers. Yet another thing she had not been able to believe at first. She had controlled the Crystal's powers!

"Awesome, right?" Twinkling eyes Rokuro grinned at her with a pure blush. "By the way Mayura, what happened to your clothes?" He pointed at the hem of her yukata suffering from a few tears and the stains she wasn't able to wash out without any soap.

Amused she giggled. "I guess they aren't made to live in the wildness."

Rokuro then looked over his shoulder and took two quick steps to be only a feet away. He shielded his mouth in a conspiratorial way. "And that soldier. Has he done anything to you?"

"No, he's my – I mean we're – We're –" she stuttered while tilting her head down and watching her feet carry her.

What were they? After a few days she felt that they were close to friends. But that felt not quite right.

Behind her Rokuro hummed pensively.

Quickly she blurted out, "We're companions."

She sighed.

This was not the truth either.

"Are you sure you're alright? You are red in the face. You can tell me if he touched you or did something else," Rokuro said, leaning closer to her, scrutinizing her face with his unique red eyes.

Heat exploded on her cheeks upon the idea of Shimon touching her. Damn that Rokuro for suggesting such a thing. Except of taking her hand a numerous times, Shimon had never touched her. Actually, he had been very courteous, now that she thought about it. She never got the notion of him insinuating something vulgar or making unwanted advances. Despite his first strip in front of her, there was never a situation he made her uncomfortable.

Anyway, Shimon touching or not touching her was not the reason why she had wanted to talk Rokuro alone. "No, he did not," she uttered decisively. "Also he does not know I am Narukami's princess. This must stay between us, okay?"

Once anew Rokuro hummed while they crossed the edge of the forest and stepped into the sand warmed by the sun.

At the fireplace she motioned for him to sit down and followed suit. The boar was still hanging on the stand, a great portion was consumed already and the rest of it was blackened on the outside and dry on the inside due to the fire of heating and the sun glaring down on it all day.

It filled their bellies. That was the most important thing. Before she could pick up the flint stones, Rokuro restarted their discussion, "What are you doing here with him anyway?"

She smiled at the question. Funny how everything played out in the end. Days ago she had berated herself on killing a stranger from Tsuchimikado. Now she was grateful for having met Shimon. Calmly her gaze rested on her folded hands in her lap as she recalled all the events of the last days. "We've both stranded here by chance. Shimon shipwrecked and I was abandoned here by sailors on my way to Tsuchimikado. So we helped each other out. Actually we share the same aim. He wants to end the war, too. I planned to go to Crystal Island with him."