Preface

Hey guys, I am back with a longer fiction.^^

You can ignore this preface, if you want to let yourself to be surprised, of what is coming and/or don't want to read the author's ramblings. The first chapter will be out soon. *wink*

A lot of people asked me for a sequel to "The Purity of White Seems To Be Red". And let me say this: It is not an idea, I totally dismissed, but I kinda felt the need to take a breath and do something more original. So until I feel refreshed for some purity, I hope you will have as much fun as I have with this story. And when the day for the sequel comes, I think, it will be exciting for you and me to rediscover "The Purity of White Seems To Be Red".

What to expect of this book?

This is a different take on Sousei no Onmyouji and the pairing shimayu. It is rougly based on a prompt, I've read on tumblr: "Two people, running away from a blind, arranged marriage, in which one is supposed to marry the other, meet on the road by coincidence and fall in love with each other."

Of course this is a trope, that has been done very often. But it is also a nice challenge to take on old tropes and cliches and form them into something refreshingly new. Watch out for twists! ;)

The setting will be an Alternate Universe, because this prompt wouldn't fit the Sousei no Onmyouji universe (well, it would but not for shimayu and that's what we need. Don't you agree?^^).

Is it gonna be a modern and historical AU?

Frankly, I don't support 'arranged marriages' and even if this prompt calls out for a critical operation (the reason I love it so much), I didn't want to set the story in a modern time, despite the fact, that 'arranged marriages' are still done today. Which means, this will be set (as you probably guessed by the cover) in a feudal-like Japan.

Feudal-like? o-O

Yeah, the thing is I wanted to have a touch of fantasy for this world. So I invented a setting, that seems like a feudal Japan, but is in truth a total different universe.

About characters and the manga plot:

While the story will have a different plot, it will contain some situations, that are similar to the manga. Also there will be a lot of characters from the manga placed in – how to call it? – in different living arrangements. Hehe...

It will be interesting to see, how they behave, while they still have their main character qualities. Of course the titles and suffixes of the characters will be changed as well and they might get new hobbies and character traits, that will hopefully fit.

That's the true challenge of an AU: Placing characters in a different world and don't make them appear to be OOC. To me that's an exiting task for this new project.

Final words of defense

I know, some people don't like AUs. I do love them, because they give a lot of possibilities. They are like a playground placed on the foundation of the original story, where you climb up a slide and at the end you find yourself in a new universe.

Now then. Let's play!