Chapter 43 Holding On and Letting Go

A/N: I know the video above is from The Vampire Diaries soundtrack.. but I love this song and it goes with the chapter, so deal. Besides The Vampire Diaries is an awesome show too! :P 

Kassidy POV

I sat at the kitchen table Thursday morning going through the stack of homework making sure it was all there. I couldn't have asked for better friends to have and I couldn't believe they actually helped me finished all of it in time. Miss Mills was going to stroke out. David set a plate with Pancakes, and bacon and eggs in front of me and one in front of Emma. I looked at the plate of food that could feed an entire army and smiled at him. It was definitely different from the cereal and pop tarts I was used to.

"Did you get all of the homework done?" He asked. I nodded.

"Emma helped a lot." I said.

"That's great. Maybe Miss Mills will get off your case. I don't know what that woman's problem is." He said.

"She's evil." Emma said.

"Agreed." I said and dug into my breakfast.

"So...todays the day you are going to go through your house." David said. I nodded.

"Yeah. Its time." I said.

"Do you need me to come help you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, I think I need to do it alone." I said and half smiled.

"Are you sure? I don't think that's something you should do by yourself."

"I'm sure." I said. Truthfully, I wasn't going to be alone, Killian was going to be there with me as soon as I told him that's what I was doing today after school he said there was no way he was letting me go alone and he wasn't letting me talk him out of it.

"Okay, but if you end up needing me. Just call." He said. I could tell he was worried, After all last time I was by myself in the house it wasn't good at all.

"I will." I said.

"I'm sorry, if I seem really over protective, I just want to make sure you are okay." He said and smiled.

"No...its okay. Its nice. really, Its made losing my Dad a little easier knowing someone loves me enough to try to take over where he left off." I said and returned his smile. 

I went to school a little early so I could go around and turn in all my homework. The only homework I had left to turn in was History, I saved it for last because I really didn't want to see Kathryn. I sighed heavily before knocking on the classroom door. She looked up from her desk.

"Kassidy...Come in." She said. I walked into the classroom and put the homework on her desk.

"Its all done." I said.

"Oh, Great! I'll get it graded and let Miss Mills know its been turned in." She said and smiled.

"Okay...cool. Bye I guess." I said and started walking out.

"Kassidy, wait." She said. I cringed and turned around.

"Yeah?" I said.

"I know.. we got off on the wrong foot.. and I don't know if you will ever see past the fact that I was seeing your father but I'd like to put our past grievances behind us and start over." She said.

I sighed.

"I suppose I could try." I said. "My dad would have wanted us to get along. So.. I can try. For him." I said.