Chapter 26 Are we Good?

Kassidy POV

This is not happening. I could have sworn that I locked that door. Ruby looks so pissed off. Maybe she's not as mad as she looks?

Ruby slammed the door and stood there staring at us waiting for an explanation.

Scratch that. She's pissed.

"Ruby.." I said. "Let me explain."

"Yes. Please do explain why you are playing tonsil hockey with our Algebra teacher!" Ruby hissed.

"I wanted to tell you, but you have to understand why I couldn't." I said.

"I don't have to understand anything!" Ruby said. Killian stood from his desk.

"Miss Lucas.. if you just cal-" He started.

Ruby shot him a glare. "Sit down Jones!" She snapped. Killian sat back down.

"Ruby please. Just listen to me." I said.

"How long has this been going on?" Ruby asked.

"November." I said.

"November?! It all makes sense now. The detentions, the weird looks you two give each other in class, Mr. Jones showing up at the hospital when you were shot, you disappearing the night of Emma's party.."

I nodded. "Yeah.." I said.

"What are you doing Kass? This is not good. Hes our teacher! Its not right and Hes like 100 years older than you!"

"Try 6! How old do you think I am?!" Killian asked. I looked back at him.

"Not helping." I said. I looked back at Ruby.

"I know Hes  our teacher. I know there's an age difference. But I love him and he loves me. And I wanted to tell you. But I wasn't sure how you would react and I don't want him to loose his Job."

"Okay, I may not agree with what you two are doing Kass, but I wouldn't try to ruin his life over it. you are my best friend. you should have known that!" Ruby said.

"I'm sorry. I know.. I should have trusted you. I just didn't want to risk it. I couldn't risk it." I said.

"I just feel betrayed right now Kassidy, I tell you everything! I Just want you to be happy, and if He is what makes you happy then I could have gotten used to it. Yeah, Its weird...but You should have trusted me." She said.

"Are you going to tell anyone?" I asked.

"No. I'm not. But you should at least tell Emma and Belle. You should have just told all of us from the start." She said. She was hurt and I felt horrible.

"Okay.. I will. Are we okay?" I asked.

"I don't know yet." She said and left the room.

"Well...that was a clusterfuck." Killian said and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Do really think she isn't going to tell anyone?" He asked.

"I know she wont." I said and sat down and sighed. "I'm really sorry. I thought I locked that door!" I said.

"Well, at least it was Ruby and not another student or teacher." Killian said and put his hand on my shoulder. I knew he was trying to make me feel better, but I felt awful, I almost got him into a lot of trouble, and I had possibly ruined my friendship with Ruby.

"Are you going to tell the other two?" Killian asked.

"I have to Killian. I can't expect Ruby to keep it a secret from them too. I trust them. I should have just told them from the beginning instead of lying to them." I said.