Chapter Twelve: Complete

Babies, please forgive me. I've been gone for far too long. I haven't written in FAR TOO LONG. I'm so sorry, I deeply apologize and off this short, yet sweet, chapter as a peace offering. There will be another chapter fairly soon I hope. This story has hit the point where I need to spice it up and I'm trying to figure out how. There are a lot of things from the last version that I am contemplating puttling back in the story. We shall see though. I'll shut up now. Read on. 

Chapter Twelve 

"Complete" 

♥♠♣Luka♥♠♣

            I haven’t been able to shake the feeling of my lips on his in a week. I still haven’t gotten over the fact I’d been so aggressive. I haven’t been like that in months, not since the incident. Not since that horrible day…

            I bit my lip, snapping myself out of the memories that would soon flood my head if I were to continue. I glanced over at Evan, who was staring intently at the TV screen as he furiously tapped the buttons on the PS3 controller.

            As I watch him play his game, I realize that I don’t see him through the eyes l had looked at him with two weeks prior. Then, he was just a boy that really got on my nerves, but I still wanted him to be my friend. Now, I see so much more. I see his brown eyes, even behind the multi colored contacts. I see mole on his neck and the tiny freckles that decorate his skin. Now, that I’ve realized how I truly feel, I see Evan, and I love him. 

            “What are you looking at?” I catch his glance from the corner of his eye before his eyes are glued back to the screen.

            “Nothing,” I say quickly. He smirks and puts the game on pause, turning his body to me.

            “Liar,” He murmurs, lying down as I am. I shyly look away from him and he chuckles.  I bite my lip again, trying to think of something to say. In the past week only one thing has changed between Evan and me, and that’s the boundaries of physical contact we can have, which, is solely based on the mood. “What’s on your mind?”

            “Where do we stand now?” I ask. “I mean, obviously something had to have changed between us, to me it has, but what about you?”

            “Well,” He got quiet, and I started to worry. “Where do you want to stand?”

            “Do you,” I paused, trying to convince myself that it wasn’t going to sound idiotic. “Do you love me?” Great, I sounded like a teenage girl. He blinked at me, looking at me silently for what seemed like forever. For a moment, I thought I saw emotions conflicting in his eyes. But, for the sake of my feelings, I brushed it off as imagination.

            “Yes,” he sounded more surprised than I felt, almost defeated. “I do.” I let go of the breath I didn’t even realize I’d been holding. “Do you love me?” He asked, eyes searching mine. I smiled.

            “Yes,” His face relaxed. “Regrettably enough though.” I added. He pouted at me.

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” He whined. I reached out and touched his face.

            “What? Can’t take a joke?” I teased. “I do love you. I really do.” I’m looking at him, studying his expressions, memorizing them. I’ve felt like this before, but yet, I haven’t this time it’s different. It’s stronger, there’s more emotion.