Chapter Eight: Cut Off

• Dedicated to Travis

WHOOO~ Another chapter!!! :D Let's see what happens this time! :3 

"Time is Ticking"

Chapter Eight

♥♠♣Luka♥♠♣

            I’ve never seen eyes so, lost before, other than my own. It was a shock to me, and then the tears rolled down his normally lit up face, I never wanted to see them again. Then I thought back to the other day at lunch time, and I remembered how much I needed that small act of kindness and care, and then I realized he needed that just as much as I did.

            It felt good to think that for once, I’d done something right, that didn’t end in disaster. I shuddered and shook those upcoming thoughts away as I opened up the door to my house and kicked off my shoes.

            There was a low hum coming from the living room, I imagine that the TV was on. I peeked in cautiously, hoping that my eyes wouldn’t have to witness anything they weren’t ready for.

            I sighed, the coast was clear. I travelled through the living room and found my way to the kitchen, again, being cautious, trying to make as much noise as I can in case they were somewhere down here attempting to swallow each other whole.

            I think we know who they are.

            Again I sighed, no sign of Laurie and her uniformed lover. I cringed.

            Why must I think things like that?

            I walked over to the closed box of pizza on the stove. Not any surprise that I found it whole, but I was surprised that it was still a bit warm. Not minding I took a piece out and started picking off the pepperoni and placing them, one by one, in my mouth as I climbed the stairs to my room.

            Mid bite I looked up and noticed Laurie’s door was slightly open, and god forbid the moans that were coming out of it. I felt pizza sauce drip down my face, and I let it hit the floor as I dove into my room, thankful that I saw nothing.

            I silently found my way past the clumps of bodies in the hallway, desperate to get away from all these loud and obnoxious people. If you listened closely, the topic of discussion in all the cliques was a girl by the name of Brenda. I obviously don’t know who that is, but the word around campus was that she’s got a baby bump.

            “Why do you hang out with him?” I stopped in the middle of the hall. I looked up from my fixated gaze on my shoes. “He’s such a loner and a freak, why don’t you leave him alone just like everyone else does?”

            “He’s not a freak, and he’s my friend, so back off.” I recognize that voice.

            “What could you possibly want to be his friend for?” The second voice snarled.

            I looked to my left, finally locating where the voices were coming from.  Evan stood to the right, leaning against a random locker. He was dressed quite nice today. He looked really cool with his straight hair and red jacket toping grey acid washed skinny jeans and black Vans. However, it threw me off when his eyes appeared a deep ocean blue, it didn’t look correct.

            Next to Evan was another boy, obviously not interested in the conversation. He had a sneer on his face and was glaring in the opposite direction. I guessed something was happening that he didn’t like.