Chapter Nine: Bad Feeling

Hey, I'm back! :D And, this chapter should set off all of your emotions. This should be good. :3 

This is dedicated to InsaneXO because she's brilliant and so nice! <3 

"Time is Ticking"

Chapter Nine

♥♪♫Evan♥♪♫

            What was that? Oh right, the sound of my heart cracking. I don’t know why, but him walking away from me, it cut really deep. I felt like a part of me was leaving, and I don’t understand, I’ve only known him for what? Three days, and he’s already something so important to me, and I don’t know what to do.

            I sighed and kicked my feet as I found a route home to get on this project.

            Friday come and gone and I’d never felt so, lost. Luka was there, but he was pinned to his sister’s side. He was as quiet as usual, not making eye contact and nodding occasionally to questions that I imaged where carefully asked. We’d catch each other’s gazes every once and a while, I’d look at him with hope and all he did was look away from me and then move even farther away then he’d been before.

            I didn’t know what this is, but the urge to just walk up to him and talk to him was almost unbearable, but I contained myself, knowing that if there was any chance of fixing what is broken, that’s not the way to go about it.

            So I kept my respectful distance, it seemed that’s all he wanted right now, so I was going to give it to him. Though, I was always watching him, his facial expression consisted of boredom and exhaustion. His body language said ‘uncomfortable’ boldly. He looked to be loosening up though, slowly, but surely.

            Oh wait, I’m sorry, nothing good can happen without all hell breaking lose can it?

            What am I referring to?

            Let’s rewind then shall we?

***

            I was hovering over the very inviting table over flowing with treats and sweets. My eyes were locked on the red velvet cake in the corner and the chocolate truffles in the center of the table, trying to make the correct decision of one or the other, or perhaps both. One would melt me away into a wonderland of creamy, moist goodness, whereas the other would distract me from the impossibly irritating predicament I was in, but both of them, could quench my inner child, yet also place me into the hospital.

            This choice was brutal.

            “I can’t believe you threw a party without me!” I was about to plunge the knife into the cake and grab a huge slice when the voice made me freeze.