TO BE IN DANGER {Revised}

The pair stood on the balcony, peering through the open window and soon after Sherlock climbed in. Victoria looked down to John, who only gave the young woman an exasperated look. "Sherlock! Victoria!" John called, looking at the entrance of the alley and sighed in annoyance.

 "Are you sure about going in here? It might be dangerous. "Sherlock said just before he started to climb in, pausing to look at her rather seriously.

"That's what I was counting on." The red headed woman smiled endearingly.

He gave the woman a smirk, then he proceeded to climb in, knocking a vase full of flowers off of a table. Before it hit the ground he grasped it skillfully, Victoria sighed in relief, catching a glimpse of a water stain that was already on the floor.

"Wait....That means someone was here before us."

"Somebody else broke into the flat and knocked over the vase just like I did."

"D'you think maybe you could let me in this time?" John asked from outside.

Sherlock walked over to the washing machine ,pulling out a piece of clothing ,sniffing it and grimacing. Victoria looked around the flat, then walked over to the fridge and opening it to see groceries. One thing caught her eye, a carton full of milk, with an expired date.

"Can you not keep doing this, please?" John asked.

"Definitely not the first then." Victoria called just loud enough for John to hear her voice, feeling bad for the army doctor.

"What?" John asked.

"Somebody's been here before us!" he exclaimed.

"What are you saying?" John put his ear to the door, shaking his head.

Sherlock then takes out his pocket magnifier from his long coat and looks down to where a foot has imprinted upon the rug. "Size eight feet." he muttered. "Small, but....Athletic." he continued.

He straightened up and looked around more.

Victoria gazes around the room, but her green eyes come to a halt when she takes notice of a photo. Obviously an older photo, taken years ago of a boy and girl. She squinted and leaned the photo into the light to see a hand print on the glass. "Sherlock, come look at this." Victoria called for her friend.

He walks over and pulls out the magnifier, taking a closer look, "Small, strong hands. "Our acrobat." he said, "But why didn't he close the window when he left...?"

Sherlock then came to a sudden stop and looked at Victoria. She couldn't help but notice something flicker in his eyes. Fear? She was unsure. He rolled his eyes and walked toward her, "Oh stupid. Stupid . It's obvious. He's still here."

He walks over to a decorated free-standing folding screen, shielding the bed. He walks over carefully toward it and then grabs the edge of the screen and pulls it back ,but he only sees two stuffed animals staring back at him.

Victoria let out a sigh of relief, closing her eyes as her stomach started to churn uneasily. Suddenly she heard a creak in the wood from behind her, but before she could turn around a white scarf wrapped around her neck.

Sherlock ran towards the man that was slowly choking Victoria and dragging her to the ground. Sherlock throws a punch at the captor and watches as he falls back. The scarf comes off of her neck and Sherlock then tries to help her up.

The captor comes behind Sherlock and wraps the same scarf around his neck, strangling him.

Victoria coughs, then runs towards the man in black, pulling on his collar, tugging him away from Sherlock. She tugs a few more times, then finally pulls him back far enough so she can punch him in the jaw. It only the staggers the strong man for a moment.