TO INVESTIGATE {Revised AGAIN}

Sebastian throws a brief look at Sherlock, smiling unpleasantly, "Well, grab a pew. D'you need anything? Coffee, water?".

The trio all denied the man of his offers and took a seat in front of Sebastian's desk.

"So, you're doing well. You've been abroad a lot." Sherlock observed.

" Well, some." Sebastian replied.

"Flying all the way round the world twice in a month?" Sherlock deduced. John gave a look of confusion. Victoria looked at Sebastian and looked him over to find how he came to that conclusion. She always wanted to be as perceptive as the detective, so she would always attempt to deduce just like him. The young woman looked over the man's desk and couldn't see a passport. Then she checked his watch, after following Sherlock's gaze. "Your watch." Victoria whispered and the three men glanced at the young woman. The young woman blushed, looking down at her hands, then pressed a finger to her lips.

" You're doing that thing." Sebastian pointed to Sherlock, "We were at uni together. This guy here had a trick he used to do."

Sherlock replied quietly "It's not a trick." his voice was quiet, and tentative.

Victoria glanced at her friend worriedly. "He's very clever. He's no magician or con-artist. Sherlock's brilliant." She stated quickly, she was always quick to defend her friend.

Sebastian looked at the woman, rolling his eyes, then turned to John, "He could look at you and tell you your whole life story."

John smiled softly, "Yes. I've seen him do it."

"Put the wind up everybody. We hated him." He said.

Victoria felt a pang in her heart from the man's rude statement and she noticed Sherlock turn his head away, his face remained blank; something flashed behind his eyes for a moment, like he was hurt by the man's words. Without looking, she reached for the detective's hand gave it a reassuring squeeze. His eyes met her own briefly as they shared a silent moment together.

"You'd come down to breakfast in the Formal Hall and this freak would know you'd been shagging the previous night." Sebastian continued.

"You sure do love to sneer at the intelligence of others, don't you, Sebastian?" The red headed woman smiled bitterly, "You're quite unbearable."

Sherlock gave her hand one more squeeze and let go, replying quietly, "I simply observed."

"Go on, enlighten me. Two trips a month, flying all the way around the world – you're quite right. How could you tell?" he laughed. Sherlock opened his mouth to reply, but was rudely interrupted as Sebastian went on. "You're gonna tell me there was, um, a stain on my tie from some special kind of ketchup you can only buy in Manhattan." he said smugly.

"No, I..." he was interrupted.

"Or maybe it was the mud on my shoes." He joked talking over him.

Sherlock looked over at him simply and replied, "I was just chatting with your secretary outside. She told me."

Victoria smiled softly down to her hands while John frowned in confusion at such a simple reply. Sebastian laughs humorlessly and Sherlock smiles back at him with an equal lack of humor. Sebastian claps his hands and gives a serious look.

"I'm glad you could make it over. We've had a break-in." he told us.

He lead us across the trading floor towards another door.

"Sir William's office – the bank's former Chairman. The room's been left here like a sort of memorial. Someone broke in late last night." Sebastian informed.

"What did they steal?" John asked.

"Nothing. Just left a little message." he replied.

He holds his security card against the reader by the door to unlock it. Hanging on the plain white wall behind the large desk is a framed painted portrait of a man in a suit – presumably the late Sir William Shad himself. The only flaw of the painting was the yellow spray paint that was painted across his eyes.

Sherlock looked around the room in pure concentration.

After showing them the painting with the small yellow graffiti the trio walked back to his office to watch the security footage."Sixty seconds apart." Sherlock said.

He flicks back and forth between the still taken at 23:34:01 which shows the paint on the wall and on the portrait, and a minute earlier – 23:33:01 – when the wall and portrait were still clean.

"So, someone came up here in the middle of the night, splashed paint around, then left within a minute." Sebastian clarified.

"How many ways into that office?" Sherlock asked. "Well, that's where it gets interesting." Sebastian replied.

Hello I would like to clarify that I got the transcript here:

>http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/26320.html?thread=286928 .

Now I would like to thank everyone who is reading this story and yeah! Thank you guys!!!