TO DIE BY SUICIDE {Revised AGAIN}

"You've got a solution that you like, but you're choosing to ignore anything you see that doesn't comply with it." Sherlock explained.

"Like?" Dimmock asked.

Victoria glanced to the body for a moment, peering at the body. She could see a man with a bullet wound on the right side of his head, but what was she missing. What did Sherlock see?

"The wound was on the right side of his head." Victoria pointed out, raising a brow.

"And?" 

"Van-coon was left-handed."  Sherlock demonstrates his point, pretending to try and point a gun to his right temple with his left hand, "Requires a bit of contortion."

"Left-handed?" Dimmock asked.

Sherlock sarcastically replied, "Oh, I'm amazed you didn't notice. All you have to do is look around this flat."

He points to the table beside the sofa," Coffee table on the left-hand side; coffee mug handle pointing to the left: habitually used the ones on the left..."

Victoria stepped forward, glancing to the phone with a smile, "The pen and paper on the left-hand side of the phone because he must have picked it up with his right and took messages with his left hand."

Sherlock smiled at her, nodding, "D'you want us to go on?"

John replied tiredly,"No, I think you've both covered it."

"Oh, I might as well; I'm almost at the bottom of the list." he said.

John nodded, "Yeah thought you might say that."

Sherlock pointed toward the kitchen, "There's a knife on the breadboard with butter on the right side of the blade because he used it with his left."

He turned to Dimmock giving an impatient look upon his pale face.

"It would be highly unlikely that a left-handed man would shoot himself in the right side of his head." Victoria said getting all this information and shrugged her shoulders, "So the only conclusion could be someone came in and murdered him."

"Thank you, Victoria." Sherlock thanked her, smiling proudly at the red head.

Dimmock spoke up, "But the gun--Why-"

Sherlock interrupted, "He was waiting for the killer. He'd been threatened." Sherlock walked behind Victoria, taking the coat off of her and put it on himself, then pulled his scarf back around his neck. 

"What?" the detective inspector asked.

John replied "Today at the bank. Sort of warning."

"He fired a shot when his attacker came in." Sherlock said.

"And the bullet?" he asked.

"Went through the open window." Sherlock concluded.

"Oh come on! What are the chances of that!?" he said.

"Wait until you get the ballistics report. The bullet in his brain wasn't fired from his gun. I guarantee it." Sherlock stated quickly, almost snidely.

Dimmock continued to try and make a point, "But if his door was locked from the inside, how did the killer get in?"

"Good! You're finally asking the right questions."  Sherlock said condescendingly, as he dramatically slid his hand into his glove. Once Sherlock flounced out Victoria and John followed behind him, next they had to pay another visit with Sebastian.

~

"Sebastian is having lunch with some clients or work colleagues." Sherlock explained. Victoria, Sherlock, and John walked into the restaurant and they came across a table where Sebastian sat laughing along with his buddies. 

"It was a threat. That's what the graffiti meant." Sherlock said suddenly.

"I'm kind of in a meeting. Can you make an appointment with my secretary?" he said giving a look to his colleagues.

"I don't think this can wait. Sorry Sebastian. One of your traders- someone who worked in your office- was killed." The curly haired detective said seriously.

"What?" Sebastian asked in shock.

John said, "Van Coon. The police are at his flat."

"Killed?"

Victoria huffed, getting impatient and stepped forward "Yeah, sorry to interfere with everyone's digestion. Do you wanna make that appointment? How does 9 o'clock at Scotland Yard sound?"

Then with a triumphant smirk and wink from Sherlock they went to the men's restrooms. Victoria looked at the sign and sighed, "Don't worry I'l just wait outside." She called, but heard no response.