Chapter 11

About an hour later, we're pulling up to Tayton's, one of our old high school friends, house for a party.

I sigh as I look at all the cars parked in his driveway and yard. Sam notices as he pulls the key out of the ignition. "What's wrong bae?"

"Nothing, I just... I don't know. Party's still aren't my thing." I say before pulling my eyes away from a drunk couple making out against the garage door.

Sam takes my hand squeezes it gently. "C'mon Mal, it'll be fun. We won't stay long, ok?"

With a nod, I open the door and get out, meeting Sam at the front of the truck before he takes my hand again, leading us to the door. When we walk in, there's a yell in unison, "SAMORY!" Which was their couple nickname for us back in high school. It's so stupid, but I went with it.

It's Brayden, Tayton, and Cal we're met with as they come over to us. Cal smiles and drapes his arm around my shoulders. "Together again! I knew it'd happen sooner or later. I'd like to think it was my doing!"

His words were slurring already and I couldn't help but laugh. "And why do you say that?"

"...because I knew you would eventually get back together... Duh, Mal. Thought you went to a genius college or some shit?" He rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek before walking/stumbling over to a girl is never seen before.

Tayton laughed and shook his head. "Calvin's a dipshit. But seriously," he turned back to us, "Glad you two are together again." He smiled before heading back to his current girlfriend.

Brayden had already wandered off to a girl too, even though she looked as if she was trying to get away. I laughed before Sam led me to the kitchen and we got our own drinks. I decided against alcohol. I wasn't up for it tonight and I knew Sam would be, so I figured I would be the DD.

I was right. An hour and a half and 3 beers later, Sam and I were dancing in the living room and he was looking down at me with a goofy grin. "You're so prettyyyy. I love youuuuu." He sang loudly with a slur.

With a laugh, I rolled my eyes, singing back to him, "You're druuuuunk."

"Shhhh, Mally bean! Nobody knows that." He leaned closer to me, only slightly whispering as he grinned.

Nodding and laughing again, I leaned closer to him. "Yeah, I think they do."

"Well who told them?!" He scoffed, looking around the room. "CALVIN! Calvin did it!"

I was about to speak again until I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket. I pulled it out to see a missed call from Ali. I took Sam's hand and lead him to the couch, helping him sit down next to Tayton and his girlfriend. "Okay, can you stay here til I get back from outside?"

He nods and holds up the OK sign with his finger. "You got it, babe."

Once outside and away from the noise, I dialed Ali's number and put the phone to my ear, walking away from the house just a bit.

"Mallory?" Ali asked in a tired voice with a screaming baby as her background.

"Ali? Are you okay? What's going on?" I ask worriedly as the baby keeps screaming.

With a sigh, she replies and I can hear her start to cry. "No. Brian and I had an argument and he left and Ella won't go back to sleep and I-"

"Okay, calm down. Sam and I will be there in 5, ok? Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine." I say with hope before saying bye and hanging up.

Sam's POV

While Mallory was gone, I was talking to Tayton before he and hid girlfriend decided to go get some more drinks. I was about to get up when an old buddy from high school sat down beside me.

"Hey man, long time no see!" Tyler said as he gave me a fist bump.

I nod a hello. "Sup man. How's it goin?"

"Pretty good. Heard Mallory's back in town too." He relaxed back in to the couch.

I nodded with a smile. "Yeah, she is."

"She's looking hotter than before too. Damn"

I raised my eyebrow and looked over at him. He noticed and continued. "Don't tell me you ain't been in that pussy yet. If not, I definitely will be."

It only took a second to lift him off the couch by his throat and slam him against the wall. "You will not get around her whatsoever, got it?"

"You can't tell me what to do, Boggs! I'll fuck her if I want to!" He said as I lifted him further off the ground, cutting off his air.

By this time, there were people surrounding us. "Say one more word about her and I'll kill you, Tyler, I swear I will!"

------

Walking back inside to the party, I notice a crowd of people surrounding the area I'd left Sam, then I heard him yelling. "-I'LL KILL YOU, TYLER, I SWEAR I WILL"

Pushing my way through the crowd, I found Sam holding a guy against the wall by the throat. "Sam, Sam, stop!"

I reached for his arm to pull him back and Brayden grabbed me quickly. "What the-"

Calvin and Tayton put there hands on Sam's shoulder then. "It's not worth it, buddy. Just let it go."

Tyler glanced at me and looked back at Sam for a moment before Sam dropped him on the ground.

I was confused, but Sam only took my hand and quickly walked out of the house, towards his truck. "Sam... Sam, stop!"

He turned in front of the truck and looked at me. I couldn't tell what his expression meant, I'd never seen it before. "Are you okay? What happened in there?"

"He was just.. Talking about you and it pissed me off so I snapped." He mumbled, looking back at the house for a moment.

I put my hand on his cheek and frowned slightly. "Baby, don't worry about that. People like that are not even worth it."

He put his hand over mine and smiles a crooked grin. "I know, I just..."

"I know." I smile back and stand on my tiptoes to gently kiss his lips. "Now, I hate to add to your anger, but we have to go to Ali's."

The frown is immediately back to his face. "What, why? What's wrong?"

With a sigh, I only hold out my hand and shake my head. "I'll tell you on the way, just give me your keys."