Part 21.

Miller stood before the miniature bar, wondering what would be best to drink. Eric on the other end sat on a bar stool and watched as Miller raided Carl's alcohol.

"Carl's very different from what you said" Eric told Miller. He was still trying to understand how the man he met just moments ago ruined his best friend life. Eric wasn't thinking Miller was lying, he was living here and being his assistant and Butler. Nothing had proven Miller wrong, it was just Carl's attitude was different from what he expected.

"Don't fall for his act" Miller said, taking up a bottle and examining it. "He's what you would say wolf in sheep's clothing" he placed the bottle down and turned to Eric. "He's probably trying to use you and get to me"

Eric didn't say anything. He was slowly becoming a part of their games. Maybe it was better if he hadn't come over at all. "Is this okay?" Eric asked, watching as Miller examine a few more bottles.

"He said 'make yourself at home' " Miller tried mimicking Carl's voice. "This is making yourself at home"

"Drinking isn't making myself at home. These things are expensive" Eric got up from his seat and went behind the counter, standing beside Miller. "Next thing I know he's making me pay him back. I mean look at you, he has you wrapped around his finger"

"He doesn't okay" Miller turned to face Eric. "What's up with you, you use to be so..."Miller made a few grunting sounds as if Eric was suppose to know what it means. "I don't know"

"When the CEO is involved I don't want to be involved. I don't know about you but I like having my job"

"Too bad you're already involved" Miller took up a bottle, seemingly satisfied with the exterior. "Does this look expensive?" He turned the bottle admiring every inch of it. "Armand de Brignac Midas"

"Sounds expensive to me" Eric shrugged. The exterior looked fancy as if wrapped in gold. The taste should be just as exceptional as the exterior.

"This should do" Miller smiled, getting two glass and ushering away from the bar, Eric following suit.

They took place back on the sofa. Miller eagerly opening the expensive alcoholic drink. Eric watched as his friend acted like a child on Christmas morning. "Are we going to discuss Mission 101 or not" Eric settled into the sofa. That was the main purpose he was here not to be in the center of his boss and friend squabble.

Miller ceased pouring out a glass. Getting so caught up with Carl he forgot, which was stupid since Mission 101 was about Carl. "So what did you find" Miller looked more collected. Serious as he was about to do business.

Eric pulled his phone out, showing Miller some form of article. "He's a fashion designer" Eric explained. "Not a famous one but he's quite popular"

"What does he want with the stupid CEO" Miller said, skimming through the article.

"That I don't know" Miller shot Eric a disapproving look. "That's why I set up a meeting with him for tomorrow. It was hard but when I said it was Carl's assistant he agreed right away"

Miller stared at the picture of Cameron. He was much younger than Carl, his hair was also shorter in the picture. His ever blossoming beauty had grown over the years. Miller admittedly wanted tomorrow to come quickly. He needed the answers he seeks so he could hit Carl where it hurts.

"I'm guessing you're tagging along too" Miller handed Eric his phone back.

"Of course I am" he replied not hiding the amusement in his voice.

"What happened to not wanted to be involved"

The familiar ringing of a bell caught their attention. Miller knew it all too well. He frowned and ignored it, getting back to enjoying his time with Eric. The ringing continued and irritated Miller. Slamming the glass on the coffee table he stormed upstairs.

He was getting use to the layout of the house. He even knew where Carl's office was located, on the third floor which he never knew existed. There wasn't much there, a few extra rooms, kitchen and bathrooms. Some were even empty. Miller found that Carl didn't use his office as much, mostly worked in the living area or dump of his room. Miller himself didn't have a reason to go up there except when Carl was up there and wanted to annoy Miller.

Pushing Carl's bedroom door open he was greeted with his usual dump on the floor. How could he live in here. Carl was sitting on his bed a few papers scattered around. "I told you not to let me ring the bell more than once"

"Then don't" Miller hissed, slamming the door behind him. "It would save me a lot of trouble"

Carl glared at him, getting up from his bed. He could hardly find the right spot to stand. "I need this room cleaned"

Miller forced a laugh, kicking away a few pieces of clothing to the side. "Clean it yourself"

"I'm not going to repeat myself"

"Neither am I " Miller said. "Clean up your own mess. I have better things to do"

"Like fondle your boyfriend" Miller retreated his hand from the door knob, turning to face a Carl who was ruffling his hair.

"Are you jealous?" Miller smirked.

"Now why would I be jealous" Carl crossed his arms.

Miller waved a dismissal hand, there was no point getting into this with him. "Excuse me while I go fondle my boyfriend some more and drink some more Armand de Brignac Midas"

"You're drinking what!" Carl exclaimed, chasing after Miller as he went down the stairs. A mischievous smile plastered on Miller's face.

Eric placed his glass down at the sight of Tom and Jerry. He was enjoying a glass, and as expected it was exceptional. Miller took up his previous poured glass, downing it in one go.

"Put that down" Carl growled as Miller poured a next glass. "That's expensive and I don't want anyone drinking it especially not you"

Miller ignored him as he continued to pour himself a glass. "You can have some too" Miller threw the liquid onto Carl, soiling his clothes. Miller poured another one and aimed for his face this time. "Now we can both enjoy this expensive bottle" Carl's rage was through the roof.

"I'll be going now" Eric hurriedly rise from his seat and ran out the doors. He didn't want to witness anything further.

Carl grabbed the bottle and took a long gulp. He closed the distance between him and Miller. "You really don't back down do you" Carl said as he poured the liquid onto Miller's head. A small smile left his lips followed by that smile. "I like that" he added, leaving Miller knotted in confusion.

Fair to say an expensive bottle of Armand de Brignac Midas was wasted.

+++

Feel free to vote or comment.