Part 10.

Miller had never been the center of attention. Back in college he was that one student who engaged only when necessary. He considered himself more of an observer but now he was actively playing his part. No longer standing on the sidelines but playing full on the field.

Miller had to say, it was quite uncomfortable having eyes on you. He couldn't imagine how people who are always at the center of attention endured such prying eyes. Strolling into Edwin Enterprise, all eyes were on Miller as he walked alongside none other than the great CEO himself.

Carl Edwin was known for never having anyone at his side. The rumors were that the man couldn't keep anyone close to him long enough before his self centered and aggressive behavior started to show. So as he strolled in with Miller Hemming, a mere employee from the fourth floor. It was no wonder that everyone'd stopped to watch. Not to mention the fact that they came to work in the same car.

Miller slumped his shoulders and sighed heavily as the elevator doors closed. If he had to endure this every morning he would rather quit. Sadly he couldn't. Sneaking a glance at the taller man. He noticed how composed he was as he fiddled with the end of his dress shirt.

Miller rolled his eyes. He truly hated Carl. These past few days with him had only increased that hatred. Miller was pretty sure Carl felt the same way. Why else would the man torture him at every chance he got. The elevator stopped on the sixth floor and they exited the small space. Employees muttered small good mornings to Carl as he passed.

Carl stopped in front of his office door. Miller eyed him suspiciously. Why was is he not entering?

"Open the door." Carl demanded.

Miller glared at him. "You have two hands open it yourself." Miller leaned against the creme colored wall. Crossing his arms, scowling at Carl.

Carl opened his mouth to say something then stopped. He walked a few feet in front of Miller. Looking down at him with a pitiful gaze. "Why can't you just listen for once?"

Miller eased himself off the wall. Poking his index finger in Carl's rather well toned chest. Miller stopped at the realisation of how well muscled the man was. Collecting himself he said. "Why can't you open your own damn door?"  

Carl let out a low chuckle. He ended up opening the door himself. Before his body was out of view he turned and smirked at Miller. "You're not allowed in here for the day. The floor suits you just as well," he pointed just in front of Miller's feet. "Your office for the day."

Before Miller could retaliate the doors shut in his face. He heard the doors lock shut. A few employees who were there to witness to Miller's offering of an office, turned away to mind their own business when the man glared at them. Miller angrily walked back to the elevators. It was too early for Carl and his childish behavior.

There was no way in hell Miller was going to sit outside Carl's office on the floor. Looking like a dog waiting for his owner to return. Instead He went down to the fourth floor. The feeling of his phone vibrating caught his attention as he exited the elevator.

It was a text from Carl. He knew because he save his number as Stupid CEO . Opening the message it read:

Get me coffee ASAP.

Another one followed.

And donuts. The one with sprinkles.

Miller laughed. He had just ruthlessly kicked him out of his office then requested coffee and donuts. Carl must have bumped his head somewhere.

Miller caught Eric at his cubicle. The curly haired man lazily organized the papers before him. Walking over, Miller ignore the stares he got.

"At least act like you enjoy your job." Miller said as he leaned against the cubicle.

Eric looked up at his friend. A spark of relief in his eyes. "You asshole." he pushed Miller.

"What did I do!" Miller caught his balance. He then sat on the edge of Eric's desk.

Eric pushed a few papers to the side. "You moved and didn't tell me," he pouted like some child. "You didn't show up to work yesterday so I dropped by to see if you had another drunken fit when Crystal told me you moved."

With so much that happened in that single day. Miller forgot to inform Eric of his recent distress. "A drunken fit would've been better," Miller gripped his phone tightly. "It was a sudden decision that was out of my hands."

Eric sunk himself in his chair. "So?" Miller knew Eric needed an explanation.

Miller looked around the room. The morning was slowly coming to an end and with nothing to do and Eric's lack of enthusiasm for work a break didn't seem to bad. "Let's go for coffee," Miller suggested, standing to his feet in the process. "And sprinkled covered donuts." 

Eric smiled at the offer. 

"As long as you're paying."

+++

Feel free to vote or comment

EDITED