Chapter 7

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

The clock on the wall counted each second as it passed. Each tick filling the quiet room. Most of the seats in the room were empty except for the select few that were allowed to be in attendance. This whole situation had been kept under wraps with tireless persuasion and under table deals in order to keep up reputations.

Two knocks sounded across the mahogany desk. The officer at the door nodded and opened the double doors. Sounds of shuffling feet filled the room as each seated person stood up.

Clanking and scrapping echoed outside, signaling the approach and all attention was focused on the entrance.

Soon they entered and the scrapping of metal got louder. The chains raked against the floor, scratching the ear drums of anyone within the chamber. Each of the steps slow and sluggish until stopping at the center podium.

The escorts on each side stepped off to the side, leaving the shackled girl by herself.

She stared at the waxy floor, the shiny brightness of it contrasted with the dull lifelessness of her eyes. Chains wrapped around her ankles, preventing her from moving at a hurried pace. Both wrists were red and begged to be scratched from the metal handcuffed against them.

The wrinkled stripped shirt and loose pants did nothing to make her disheveled hair look any better. The dry muscle within her mouth continually moved, attempting to rid the feeling of sand from it.

"You may all be seated.”

Within a few moments, all were seated and focused on the female wearing stripped pajamas in center.

"Thank you all for coming."

The judge stroked his large grey beard before continuing.

"We are here today for Case #203.”

The judge paused before pulling out a paper from the stack on his desk.

"The defendant plead guilty to a charge of destruction of public property, a charge of destruction of private property, a charge of reckless endangerment, a charge of aggressive unauthorized quirk-use, and the charge of attempted 2nd degree murder, which has been lowered to self defense."

Gasps filled the court room.

"This is God damn ludicrous! That monster put my son into a coma! You have the audacity to say it was self defense-

"Kaito please, calm down!” The woman next to the man franticly pulled at the mans designer suit sleeve, begging him to sit back down.

The judge slammed his hammer onto his desk.

"Order in the court! This is per the plea deal and I will not stand for disruptive behavior in my court. Do this again Mr. Amakawa and I will be forced to have you removed."

Amakawa sneered before sitting back down, much to the relief of the woman seated next to him. His eyes bored into the back of the defendants head. If only he had gotten to her before the heroes. He would of strangled her himself and absolutely revealed in the feeling of her bones crushing under the grip of his hands.

The judge glanced at the man before returning his gaze to the rest of the audience inside the court room.

"The last three convictions are to be dealt with by this Court pursuant to the Criminal Code, s395B. Whilst the defendant has been in custody, it has been necessary to physically separate her from other inmates due to the nature of the crime. After further review by the court, further isolation is considered necessary in order to ensure that she will not cause harm to the general public."