Chapter seven part one

Everything was such a haze. It took me quite a while to understand where I was. My head was lying on his lap and my legs bent against the door. After my consciousness returned, I definitely could tell Hunter was speeding off somewhere. “Wh-where are we?” I softly asked.

                “Getting you help!” He was angry, but why. I didn’t care, and I just lay back down as he sped off.

            “Can you not yell?” I lashed at him.

            “I’m not yelling.” He reassured me.

                “But you’re so loud. And slow down I think I’m gonna be…” right before I can finish I puked all over myself. Hunter didn’t stop driving; instead he just kept driving, stroking my hair as I still felt sick.

                “I’m sorry.” I whispered, I was too afraid if I spoke that I would vomit again.

                “ it’s alright, I’m taking you to the hospital so you can be all better.”

                “I love you!” Whoa, did I really just say that! I’ve only known that boy for exactly two days now, how could I know I love him!!!! But wait, I love Shane, and right now Hunter has been treating me better than Shane is, then again Shane has been through everything with me, besides last night. Maybe that’s when I needed him the most, maybe that’s why I love Hunter cause he’s been with me through the breaking point of my life. Also he took me on a date, but I puked in his car.

                I should be paying attention to him right. What if he told me he loved me too, OMG! I missed it didn’t I…But..But…But

                I woke up in a bed. Machines were connected to me, everything was once in a haze. But this time I saw almost a white color walls and ceilings. Where am i?

                “Good morning!” A cheery voice said. It wasn’t recognizable, maybe a doctor? Wait, its morning, but last time I checked I was on a date, then got into a fight, and then puked in a car where I told Hunter I loved him. Where is Hunter and why wasn’t he like at the bed side holding my hand until I wake up. You know so he can be like Good Morning beautiful. Wait am I crazy! That stuff is so cliché and over-rated and  lets be real here, Hunter probably dropped me off and ran away, he probably doesn’t love me and I was some act of his to look good for his image, because high school is full of image, BUT I DON’T CARE ABOUT IMAGE, IMAGE DOESN’T MATTER TO ME, WHAT MATTERS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT MYSELF AND OTHERS BECAUSE, LETS ALL FACE, IN THE END OF THIS STUPID GAME OF LIFE, THAT’S ALL THAT MATTERS, NONE OF THIS WILL MATTER IN TWENTY YEARS SO WHY DO PEOPLE CARE NOW!!!

                “Calm down Kailee, I’m here, everything is fine, your heart is racing fast, you just calm it down, or at least try to.” Now that was a voice I knew, Eek Hunter was here! Pschh I knew he loved me, or maybe I was right about the image thing. Wait, don’t get all caught up again, just relax.

“What happened?” I asked in a clear, firm voice, that you would never think something was wrong with me.

“It seems to me that you have received multiple symptoms of a concussion, but we need to set you up for a CAT scan.” She was setting everything up so I can move and get the CAT scan. “Now may I please ask how this could have possibly happened?” She gave Hunter a dirty look.

                I shot a look at Hunter, I got this don’t worry. He just nodded. “I was fishing.”

                “In this storm?”

                “Well I started fishing before the storm came in, and I guess the water reached too high and it made me slip and fall, and then I black out as I kept sliding down the rocks, and I couldn’t remember the rest.” Hunter gave me a devilish look, asking Really you’re gonna lie? I gave him my most innocent look and apologized.

                “I saved her before she could land in the water. Then I drove her here.”

                “If I’m not mistaken, Ms. Jakenson, you woke up on the way here and then vomited?”

                “Yes Mam,”

                “Anything else strange and unusual happen.” Hunter gave me another devilish look. That’s when it hit me, he hated me, no worse, he doesn’t love me, he must have not said it last night, and this all must be a stupid act!

                “I passed out.” I was even too scared to look at Hunter, does he think that my “concussion” caused me to say it.

                “Well, let’s just go and get the CT and understand what happened.”

                That’s exactly what she did; she rolled me down to the CT room, while Hunter followed with all the equipment that was still connected to me.

                After we went to through the CAT scan, Hunter and I were chilling in the room as we waited for some answers. Awkwardness filled the air, as he didn’t attempt to make conversation and I avoided eye contact. Crap! I ruined this relationship too didn’t I? Every possible thing that could have happened and wanted to happen shattered, and to make it worse I probably have a concussion and no one will help me because we all know Shane hates me and now Hunter does too.

                My head started spinning and everything started to fade out again. Before I knew it, everything-all my surroundings are pitch black, but why I wondered. Then is hit me; I passed out again. Wait is it even possible to think in a time like this? Well, assuming I am, then everything is okay. Or not.