~Chapter 6~

Author's note:

WARNING: There will be A LOT of swearing in this book. I will try to not use it as much as I can though, but sometimes... It's just not possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No" I said bluntly to Hunter, making him frown at me with a look showing that his proudness of me just shrinked.

"Yes" Hunter said in a stern voice. I don't why he cared so much about me seeing my parents. I'm a complete waste of space and they don't need someone like me in their lives. I'll end up ruining everything for them if I stick around.

"Nope. Not going" I said slowly to him, looking at him with a raised eyebrow, talking to him like the only way he can register something is if you say it slowly.

"Yeah. You're going" Hunter said the exact same way, making me get annoyed.

"No!" I yell at him, making him look at me in surprise. But the surprised look on his face soon turned into one of annoyance.

"Yes!" Hunter yelled back, looking at me with a do-as-I-say-or-you-die look on his face.

"Hunter!" I whined grumpily, hating that he was so persistant.

"Lilian!" He mocked, making me gasp at him angrily.

"Don't say my full name!" I yelled at him with venom, but it didn't seem to faze Hunter.

"Then don't act like a two year old!" he yelled back, making me pout.

"But I don't want to go, Hunter!" I whined, stomping my foot on the ground and crossing my arms around my chest.

"And I don't give a shit, Lily!" he said, imitating my whining voice, doing the same movements with his feet and arms that I did.

"Why are you so fucking persistent on making me go to my parents anyway?" I yelled at him, my voice cracking a little. All of a sudden Hunter's annoyed/teasing mood turned into one of great seriousness.

Hunter sighed sadly before saying ,"Because your parent's lost a son the hard way and lost a daughter without even knowing, until they realized she never came back from where ever she went. They're probably home right now in depression because they think you died or something-"

"How do you know they would even care about me?" I yell at him, my voice cracking even more as I remember my childhood. "What do you think will happen when I get home? Parents come to me with open arms? It's not going to happen! It never h-happens!" I say, my voice cracking every once in a while, my eyes becoming glassy.

We've been at the front of the school arguing for so long, that we were the only people here right now. I look around the school's front hard, forcing myself not to cry.

Hunter's face softens as he walks over to me and hugs me. I instantly hug back, needing some kind of support, some kind of comfort, something to keep me from falling to the ground.

"It's ok, Lily. Cry it out" he said, rubbing circles on my back. And that is all it took for the tears to poor out of my eyes like the Niagara Falls. "Shhhhhh" he said, still rubbing my back, scooting me closer to him. As I got closer to him the grip on him tightened and I squeezed him as much as my numb arms could.

"My c-childh-hood wasn't th-that g-great" I say as his other hand goes from my waist to my hair.

"I don't think a lot of childhoods are that great, Lily. Some kids don't have food to eat, some cant afo-"

"I know that, Hunter. I know that sone kids are on the street with their parents. I know some kids are becoming sick and dying because their parents can't afford food! But at least their parents care for them! At least they show that they care! AT LEAST THEY PAY ATTENTION TO THEM! MY PARENTS ONLY PAYED ATTENTION TO MY BROTHER!" I yelled, hitting his chest as I said it. Hunter didn't hold my wrists down though. He just kept rubbing my back soothingly while I let my rage out.

"Lily?" Hunter said in a calm voice.

I sniffed and hugged him tighter, mumbling a "Yes, Hunter?"

"I'll go with you, ok? You don't have to stay there, Lil. We can always go back to the apartment afterwards," Hunter said to me, putting his chin on my head.

"Ok" I mumbled out, and could feel him smiling after I said that.

"Ok" he said, pulling away from me slowly, his heart-stopping smile aimed at me. I smiled back half-heartedly, before grabbing the helmet that I dropped on the ground when I went to hug him.

"Let's get this over with" I said to myself, hoping Hunter didn't hear.

---------------------

*DING* *DING* *DING*

I held my breath as the doorbell rang for an annoyingly long period of time. "Please don't be home, PLEASE don't be home" I chanted, making Hunter slap my arm. "Ouch! Asshole!" I hissed out.

"Be more..... positive about this" he said, just as we heard footsteps going towards the door.

"Oh. Shit." I said, frozen to my spot, self conscious about everything now.

"Relax" he said, massaging the back of my neck.

"Ok" I said, trying to calm down.

The door creaked open and out stepped a woman with blonde hair, baggy clothes, and fading brown eyes. "How can I help you?" she said to me in a polite voice.

She doesn't recognize me....

I looked over to Hunter with a look that held two emotions. One said 'I told you so!' and the other one said 'can we please leave?'

Hunter shook his head and gave me a reassuring smile. "You can do it" Hunter mouthed to me, making me smile.

I took a small breath in and turned back to face the woman who, obviously, didn't remember me.

"Hi mom" I said unsurely, my palms sweating behind my back.

My moms calm eyes widened and her mouth opened so much that I could probably fit 3 footballs in there. "L-Lily?" she said with a shocked voice, looking over my features again.

She probably wasn't proud...

"That's me" I said, putting my shaking hands into the back pocket of my jeans.