Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I stayed at Amelia’s house, and did basically nothing.  I couldn’t believe I lost the last thing of my mother, all because of my evil stepmother.  It felt like I was losing my mother all over again.

I sat on one of those window seats, staring outside.

“Is she ok?” I heard a whisper.

“I don’t know, she’s been sitting there all day, she hasn’t even got up to pee!” someone else whispered.

“Can I talk to her for a minute, alone?”

I heard the door open and then close, and someone got closer to me.

“Ella?” I didn’t respond.

“Ella, this isn’t healthy, you need to eat and go to the bathroom.” I turned my head looking at him.

“Austin, leave me alone.” I whispered before turning away from him.

“Sorry, can’t do that,” I heard the smile in his voice.

I was glad he cared enough to stay even though I told him to leave, but I really wanted to be alone.  I got up and walked as fast as I could to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.  I slid down the door, and took out the picture that I took from my dad’s study.

“Why?” I whispered, tears falling down my face.

I fell asleep, holding the picture close to my chest.

~~~~

I looked around, everything was white.

“Ella bear.”

I turned around, tears in my eyes.

“Mom, dad?”

I ran over and hugged them, crying.

“Ella.”

I looked up at them.

“We aren’t gone, we will always be in your heart, don’t let us bring you down, live your life,” My mom said.

I looked at her in confusion, “We can’t stay for long, but remember we will always be with you, and watching over you.”

I nodded and hugged them again, “I miss you.”

“We miss you too,” My dad said.

“Ella, I need to show you something,” My mother said, putting a hand on my back.  She waved her hand and suddenly I saw a picture of Austin lying outside of the bathroom door, obviously waiting for me to come out.

“Don’t keep him out Ella; he can help you through all of this, if you let him.”

I looked down at my hands, embarrassed.

“Honey we have to get going,” My mom whispered.

“No, don’t leave!”

“Ella, remember what I told you, ok?” she asked with tears in her eyes.

I nodded, “I love you.”

“We love you too, oh and Ella,”

I looked at them, “Happy Birthday.”

Slowly they started to walk away disappearing into the white, and then disappearing altogether.

~~~~

I woke up with a jump. I got up and flung the door open, causing Austin to fall onto my feet.  I smiled down at him, as he stared at me in confusion.  He quickly got up, and I hugged him.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“What’s with the sudden change?” He asked, pulling back, looking at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, “It just came to me.”

His lips slowly started to form a smile, and I leaned in kissing him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, well the Epilogue is next, and I am currently writing it so it should be up by tomorrow....

but anyway tell me what you think :) Remember to vote comment and fan :)

-Megan <3