Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

 I looked out of the corner hoping the person standing there wouldn’t recognize me.  It must be Austin’s sister, she looks just like him, but too young to be his mother.   I quickly stood up and balled his boxers in my hand.

“I was cleaning,” I said in a British accent.

She narrowed her eyes and I looked around only finding a window as my exit.  Good thing it was already open.  I quickly ran to it and jumped out keeping my hands on the ledge.  I quickly dropped to the ground and started running.  I heard my heel snap and I quickly took it off leaving it in the yard.  I kept running and hopped in the car barely shutting the door as Amelia speed off.

I glared at her, “Never again.”

She laughed, “It wasn’t that bad was it?”

She handed Rose the camera and she turned to me.  Oh crap I have to take a picture with them.  I raised them up in my hand and could feel my face heat up as she snapped the picture.

We pulled into the park and I got out racing to the tunnel as they took all the stuff out of the car.  I saw someone running behind me and looked over; it was Austin.

I ran as fast as I could with only one heel one.  He was catching up to me.  I rounded the corner and saw the tunnel.   I ran as fast as I could towards it.  I reached it and jumped up in joy, the girls had won!  I screamed to let them now, and instantly I could hear them cheering.

I felt something fall on me, or should I say someone.  I looked up and blushed; he quickly got up and helped me up.

We started walking back to compare everything.  I quickly walked over to the girls and threw the boxers, which were still clutched in my hands, on the table.  I walked to the back of the girls’ trying to hide my blush.  I finally looked at the boys’ table.  They had a bunch of pictures and a bra?  It was purple with white polka dots and lace.  Wait…that’s my bra!  I poked Amelia and she looked at me. 

I pulled her towards the back of the group and whispered, “Is that my bra?”  She nodded laughing quietly.

“Who did you make get it?” I asked.

She laughed really loud at that question making everyone look over at us.  I blushed and told her to be quiet.

She finally calmed down enough to tell me, “Austin,” She whispered.  I swear my jaw hit the floor.

I walked back to the group grabbed my bra and stormed off towards the car.  I got in and buckled my seat belt before taking off not caring that they didn’t have a car to get home.

I drove to Amelia’s house and parked before getting out.  I walked to her room and sat down on the bed.  I looked around noticing my duffel bag.  Half of it was lying on the floor.  I sighed and got up packing it back in my bag.  I felt in the bottom of my bag and started freaking out.  The box wasn’t there.  The boys’ must have taken it when they were looking for my bra.

I put my head in my hands, and sobbed.  That was the last thing I had in memory of my mother.  I heard someone walk in.

“It’s gone!” I sobbed.

They wrapped their arms around me, and at that moment I knew it wasn’t Amelia.  I looked up and saw Austin. 

I instantly got up, “What did you do with it!” I yelled.

I saw his face scrunch up in confusion.

“The box, what did you do with it!” I yelled.

He pulled something from behind him and handed it to me.  I grabbed it from him and clutched it to my chest.  I grabbed my duffel bag and ran out of the room.  I pushed through the group standing outside of the room.  I ran outside and as fast as I could go, to anywhere.  I ran to the park, and into the tunnel.  I sat down and looked in my duffel bag, hearing something ring.