Chapter 3 (Part 2)

At the end of the movie I was curled up inside Jacobs arms. No surprise that Isabelle was making out with Jordan. They probably missed the whole movie.

After we all cleaned up the living room Isabelle and Jordan left, then I left. I didn’t want to, but I felt like I had to. Like there was some force saying “Just go home. You can see him tomorrow. Just go home.”

I don’t understand really. When I got home there was nothing going on. Maybe it was because of what my mother said. Or maybe what Jordan and Jacob said. Probably it was just Jacob. Maybe everything altogether.

All I knew was that it had to do something with my heritage. I knew my parents weren’t gonna’ tell me. Not any of my friends either because they’d ask why.

But what I had just realized was that it was partly around one person. The one person who I could talk to about it. The main reason why I’ve got my head spinning. And that one person could tell me the answers, without having to explain why and the whole “I won’t kill you because I’m a vampire.” Speech. And that was my grandmother.

Now, my plan was, after the last day of school (which was tomorrow) go over to her house. Tell my parents that I’m going to show her my report card. Then I’m gonna’-

“OWW!” I heard from down the hall.

I ran down the hall into my brothers room. He was laying on the ground.

“Austin?!” I yelled at him.

I looked and saw my spell book on the ground flopped open.

“You cannot use my spell book!” I said while grabbing my book while Austin was getting back onto his feet. “That’s why you put spells onto your own spell book. Others cannot perform spells unless it’s written inside your own spell book.” I marched out of the room. “Get dad to tell you about it!” I shouted back at him from down the hall.

Later on I hear my father teaching Austin chants I had never heard before. It used words like “regain” and “powers”. I assumed it was for Austin to get himself some “gifts”. I honestly wish it was just that...