Chapter 14

Jim looked up when Sherlock and Alexis burst through the door and smiled at them. "About time you showed up. I thought you were going to miss all the fun!" He was sitting beside Molly and stroked her hair, her hands tied behind her back. She looked frightened, almost trembling in her seat on the sofa.

John and Greg looked up at them, John perking up when he saw Sherlock. They were both tied to chairs with duct tape over their mouths.

"Dad... Why are you doing this?! Stop!" Sherlock set Alexis down on the ground. She braced against the wall before realizing she had gained feeling in her legs. She stood up tall and glared at her father.

"Lex, darling. Come sit down with your daddy. You've met my little kitten, right?" He trailed a finger along the side of Molly's face and under her chin, forcing her to look at him. "Molly and I used to date. Did you know that? My little kitten..."

"Get your hands off her." Alexis growled, taking a few steps toward them.

Jim raised his eyebrows at her and stood up and slowly sauntered over, looking down at her. "What did you say?"

"Leave." She growled again, her hands balled into fists at her sides. "You're not welcome here."

"Why would I leave? I'm just starting to enjoy myself." His expression softened a bit as he tucked a curl behind her ear. "You look just like your mother when you're angry..." He whispered, looking at her fondly for a few moments.

Sherlock walked up behind Alexis and placed a hand on her shoulder, glaring at Jim. "Back away, Moriarty. You've had your fun. Now leave."

Jim's gaze moved up slowly to Sherlock, his expression growing more and more furious. "Excuse me? What do you think you're doing?" He motioned to Sherlock's hand and moved Alexis out of the way. He stared Sherlock in the eyes, not wavering for a second. "Who do you think you are, Sherlock? She's my daughter. You think you've saved her by taking her away from me? You've just put her in so much more danger than you're ready for. I don't think you understand what you've d-"

A bullet shattered through the window and hit Jim in the shoulder. He hit the floor hard and clutched at his wound, blood staining his clothes and his hand. "Hit the floor!"

To be continued in book 2...