Chapter 7

Alexis opened her eyes to bright lights. She quickly squeezed them shut, scared to find out where she is. "Is someone here with me?" She whispered softly.

"You don't have to be frightened, Alexis." Sebastian replied. He put a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

She opened her eyes and smiled a bit. "Seb. I thought you were dead, too.. Why didn't you-" She tried to move her hands and realized they were bound behind her. "Why the fuck am I tied up?"

"You were struggling quite a bit. Jim needed you to cooperate, so he gave you some sort of drug and tied you up." Sebastian brushed a piece of hair from her face. "It's for your own good."

"NO!" Alexis jerked away from him. "It's not! I don't want to leave! I was happy for once! I got a taste of freedom and now you're all taking it away from me!"

"We just want to keep you safe."

"Have you ever thought that maybe you're the reason I'm in danger?" Alexis growled.

Sebastian stood up and towered over her. "We'll be ariving in Dublin soon. From there, you will be escorted to a home Jim has found. You will stay there and you will be safe."

"I'll be imprisoned!" Alexis spit as Sebastian left the room. She dropped her head and started to cry. How could she have been so blind all these years? Her father hasn't changed. This was what he had always been. She was just ignorant to what was actually happening -- how much he was keeping from her.

"Let's go, Miss Moriarty." A gruff voice called. She didn't recognize it. The man came in wearing a hood. She wiped some of her tears on her shoulder and looked out the window, realizing the train had stopped. The man grabbed her arm and yanked her upwards, dragging her out the door.

"Watch it! Be careful!" She hissed. The man drug her through the different carriages until they reached the one her father was in.

Jim looked up from his papers and stared blankly at Alexis. "I know you're upset, but this is for your own good, Lex." He stood up and caressed her cheek. "I don't know what I would do if you were hurt." Alexis glared at him and he sighed. He kissed her softly on the forehead before looking at the man and nodding to him. "Take her inside. Make sure she's comfortable and that all the doors and windows are secured."

The man nodded and pulled Alexis along outside. Once they were alone, the man loosened his grip on her arm. "Now, I need you to not look alarmed, keep facing forward, and struggle a bit."

Alexis' eyes widened. She knew that voice. "I see you finally decided to listen to your voicemails?"

"I was banished to eastern Europe, give me a break." Sherlock replied. "Now, here's the plan. Mycroft and a few of his men are inside the house. I'm going to take you inside so Moriarty sees that you're in. As soon as that happens, you and I are going to fly back to London, and-"

"Will he be hurt?" Alexis asked, keeping her gaze forward. "My dad. Will he be hurt?"

Sherlock swallowed hard and glanced at her for a second. "I don't know the answer to that."

Alexis nodded as they reached the door. Sherlock opened it and locked it behind them. He began untying Alexis as Mycroft walked up. "Nice to finally meet you, Miss Moriarty."

"Likewise." She replied, rubbing her wrists. She looked straight into his eyes and took a deep breath. "What plans do you have for my father?"

"We really don't have time to discuss-"

"I want to know. Now." She sat in the nearest chair and crossed her legs.

Mycroft sighed and glanced over at Sherlock, who gave him a small shrug. "Your father is a tricky fellow. Very smart, and willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. We're willing to do whatever it takes to stop him."

Alexis thought for a moment and nodded softly. "What plans have been made for me?"

"We aren't sure yet. Depends on how you behave." Mycroft replied seriously.

"Ooookay, time to go." Sherlock grabbed Alexis' hand and lead her out the back door to the car. He opened the door for her and climbed in himself, starting the car.

"Thank you." Alexis said as he drove off toward the airport.

Sherlock shifted a bit in his seat. "For what?"

"For saving me."

"Well, Moriarty was holding you hostage, basically. We couldn't have him holding people-"

"Not just now." Alexis looked out the window at the little house getting smaller and smaller in the distance. "My father has kept me a prisoner my entire life. It wasn't until you came along I realized how deprived I was."

Sherlock smiled a bit and glanced over at her. "You're welcome." They reached the airport in practically no time at all, and quickly boarded their flight. They found their seats and settled in. "Just relax, this flight will be over before you know it."

Alexis nodded and leaned back in her seat, her eyelids getting heavier by the second.