Chapter 4

((No spoilers yet, don't worry!!!))

Alexis breathed in the crisp air and closed her eyes. She relaxed against the little park bench. It was nice to get a little time out by herself.

She listened to the wind rustle the loose leaves on the ground. She heard the leaves slightly crunch in front of her. She was alone in the park when she sat down.

She heard a small mew and opened her eyes. A very small, black kitten sat looking up at her. Alexis stood up and looked around. Still no one else. Just her and the kitten.

"Well hello, sweetie." Alexis picked up the little kitty and placed her in her lap. The kitten purred and curled up against her sweater. "You poor thing... You must be freezing." She pet her softly and felt her ribs protruding from her stomach. "And hungry! Come on, let's get you home."

"Alexis, I made some spaghetti if you're hungry." Molly called from the kitchen when she heard the door open and shut. She walked into the sitting room and saw the kitten in Alexis' arms. "Oh my goodness! Who's this then?"

"I found her in the park... She was so cold and she's so skinny... I thought maybe you would let me keep her..?" Alexis chewed on her lip a bit and looked down at the little kitty.

"Of course! I'm sure Toby won't mind." Molly looked over at the big tabby cat sprawled out and asleep on the couch. They both giggled a bit as Molly walked over to pet the little thing. "Have you thought of a name?"

"I was thinking Dani. Short and sweet." Alexis smiled down at her little kitten as it started to purr.

"Dani... I like it!" Molly grinned and motioned towards the kitchen. "C'mon, let's get her a dish of milk? Yeah?"

((Hey, guys!! I couldn't resist, I had to make a little filler chapter.))