Good vs. Evil

The creator entered my mind in a flash of pure light. My body froze where it was, the scythe still raised over Susie. The darkness inside left my body, going back into my mind to combat the light. I couldn't move at all. I could barely even think. All I could do was sit within my thoughts, watching the battle of good and evil take place within my mind.

"You...you are too late...he is mine!" the devil snarled.

"No he is not, for his heart is pure and filled with love...something unknown to the subjects of your realm" the creator calmy stated.

"Yes but he is filled with hatred and anger, especially toward you: the one who was trying to kill Susie Patterson!" the devil laughed, turning to my conscious.

At that moment the creator turned and appealed to my mind. Memories flashed throughout my head, as did thoughts. These memories were of sorrow and regret. All these feelings were toward me. He was sorry for my damnation. The last memory showed his thoughts on pardoning Susie, on how she would be able to willingly join me in his heavenly realm.

"As you can see Xavier, I felt terrible for punishing you. I realized a little belatedly that your actions were out of love. I was able to see the feelings of regret you were hiding. Xavier I forgive you, much like I pardoned Susie. If you want, your status as an angel will be reintstated and you can come join me back in my realm" the creator explained.

"He can't, for he is in my possesion. The only way he can leave Earth is if he goes back to my realm" the devil cackled.

"Actually he can" said the creator.

"Remember Xavier, that the devil cannot intefere with the judgement of a spirit?" the creator questioned.

"Yes, but what does that have to do with me escaping my possesion?" I asked.

"On Earth the devil takes the form of a spirit. You can pass judgement on his soul and send him back to his realm." the creator answered.

"He is a spirit also, you can send him back too. Just think...think of all the people he has killed!" the devil spat.

I sat there and pondered his words. I realized in some ways he was right. Susie was just one girl of many who were planned to be taken unwillingly into the afterlife. Even if I saved her, other's like her would die....

"...because it was there time!" I realized aloud.

" Nooooo!" the devil screamed.

I concentrated all my thoughts on the light. Slowly I felt the darkness seep out of my body. My judgement had passed: the devil had gone back to his realm. I was finally free!