Devil's Deal

I waited quietly until the song stopped and the cave wall returned to its normal state. The devil walked towards me.

"I'm sure by now you know who I am?" he snickered.

"Your the king of evil!" I responded.

"Really and wait makes you think that? After all me and you are not unlike. We are both fallen angels." he laughed.

"I'm nothing like you. I believe in good and oppose death." I spat back.

"One that is good does not kill like you did. Without remorse... so full of rage! I see that your creator has taken away your immortal powers. I can restore them for you. Since you are a fallen angel like me, I would give you any power you choose. You can be anything you want. The few people that I grant powers for tend to mostly choose to be werewolves or vampires. They're real popular these days. " the devil laughed.

"I don't want your power. I will never work for you!" I yelled.

"Not even if your beloved creator is planning on killing Susie and her classroom friends?" the devil asked.

"What?" i asked.

"Oh he never told you? Yes your creator seems to believe that the children know too much . He does not want them to know of the angel's existance, and since you revealed it to them, he plans on having them killed. " the devil explained.

"I don't believe you!" I screamed, holding back tears.

"Whose men do u think he hired to plant a bomb in the school?" he asked.

I have to stop him, the children...Susie... they can't die because of me!" I stammered.

"How will you do that, if you have no powers to do so?" the devil speculated.

"Your going to give me power! " I ordered.

"And why should I do that?" he asked.

"Because I will destory anything that gets in my way....angels included." I answered.

"Excellent, thats my boy! What power do you choose?" he asked, a grin showing on his face.

"The powers of the reaper." I answered, noticing the devil begin to smile.

"Very good choice, now go my friend; save the children and bring death to all in your way!" he commanded.

I looked down to see that I was now dressed in a black hooded cloak. In my hands appeared a glisteing scythe. I was now the reaper.

"Go!" yelled the devil.

Without having another second to waste, I hit the scythe against the ground. Blue flames rose up and covered my body, as I teleported back to Earth. "I won't let Susie or the children die" I promised myself. I couldn't help but realize that I just made a deal with the devil: thier safety for my soul.