Arranged Love: Juliana's Story - Chapter 10

Chapter 10

My luck was completely shattered when I saw that it was not one but two men who I could have lived the rest of my life without ever seeing again. This could be really bad depending on what these two where up to. With buckling knees and a paled face I sat down with Cristina on my lap while doom and gloom walked over to take their place across the aisle from us. I lowered my head resting it on top of Tina's little head while my long curly hair fell in a curtain around us in an attempt to shut out the doom and gloom that just entered through the door.

The two where Miguel Mendez, Gabriel's older brother who happened to be a police officer back home and who hate me with a fiery passion for all the trouble I created and dragged his baby brother into. The other was Richard Powell who at one time worked for the district attorney back home, he also hated my guts and has had it out for me since I egged his car and house back in junior high along with a few other things I did to torment him in my wild un-angelic like teen years. They were here to stop this since Gabriel couldn't even try anything without Layla finding out, so the little chicken shit called his big brother who teamed up with a lawyer whose hated me for years. Life couldn't get any worse than it was at this moment.

"Who are the two of you and why are you disturbing these proceedings?" The judge's booming voice echoed across the court room sending chills down my spine.

"Your honor I am Richard Powell and this is my client Miguel Mendez who is here on behave of his brother Gabriel Mendez." I mentally groaned as Powell's words echoed my thoughts.

"Your honor Mr. Powell and his client have no rights to be here. Mr. Mendez's brother dissolved his parental rights before Cristina Draco was born." Mr. Jones was correct and I wasn't sure what those two where up to by being here.

"Is this true Mr. Powell?" The judge asked.

"Yes, your honor it is true." Powell sounded a little nervous and he should be since Montana law was different from Colorado law.

"Has your client ever paid child support to the child's mother Juliana Draco?" Was the judge's next question to Powell. The answer was no and I'd like to see them try to prove otherwise considering in all those papers Mr. Jones had where signed statements from close friends and family members of both Gabriel and I saying he had never paid me child support and I never pursed it due to his dissolving his parental rights.

"Yes, your honor. We have 10 signed statements saying that Gabriel Mendez did pay Juliana Draco child support." I was hoping for an in and out court visit not standing here listening to 2 men who hate me try and stop this adoption with lies.

"Let me see them." The judge said and quickly looked over them before turning to Mr. Jones.

"Your honor I have 20 signed statements from friends and family member of both Mr. Mendez and Miss Draco saying that he never paid child support with Miss Draco never pursing the matter since the parental rights where dissolved before the birth of Cristina Draco. I also have her bank statements for the last 5 months which show no significant amount ever being paid to her from Mr. Mendez.” Mr. Jones handed up the documents and the judge looked them over quickly before turning to Powell and Miguel.

"Mr. Powell you and your client have no business being in my court room. Bailiff please escort these two out of my court room." The judge boomed across the court room. The bailiff led the two out of the court room and turned back to us. I had returned to standing and was holding Tina against my shoulder as we waited for what would happen next. The judge signed the legal papers and declared that Koran was Cristina's legal father. It was almost 11 AM before we got out of the court building. I didn't see Powell or Miguel but that didn't mean I wouldn't be hearing from the Mendez brothers today. We thanked Mr. Jones for everything and then headed out to the car.