Explainations

After laying with Riker for a while, I decide that I need to go talk to Stormie and Mark about the situation that's going on. Riker comes with me and says that he will help me explain. We go downstairs and find both of them in the kitchen. "Is it okay if I talk to you guys?" I ask.

"Sure," Stormie says.

"Well... I've been having issues with my mom, as you probably already knew, but she took it a step further. The reason I left this morning was because she threatened to get the law involved, and I didn't want anything about that to get mixed in with R5, so I just decided to go with it. After Riker took me home, my mom and I got into another fight, and I left again. But this time, I really do need to get out for good. I love being here, but I know that it could cause some serious problems for you guys. I don't want you to feel obligated to go through all of the lawyers and everything just to be able to have me stay here. I want to stay here until I can figure out what I'm going to do long term though, if that's okay."

"Abby, you are more than welcome to stay here. As long as you want to. It really isn't a problem. We understand that your home isn't the best place for you right now, and we're happy to give you another place to call home. We can go through all of the legal stuff to try and make it so that your mother can't take you away from here."

"But if the press gets word of this... As a group, R5 could suffer from it, and you guys could also suffer as a family. I don't want to be the reason behind that."

"We are more than glad to take you in. Make yourself at home like you were before, and let us take care of it, okay? We love having you here. I wish it wasn't for the reason that it is, but you are always welcome here."

"Thank you. So much."

"You're welcome," Mark says. I smile at Stormie and Mark, then go with Riker back upstairs. As we're walking back to Riker's room, I notice that the door to Ross and Rocky's room is cracked open. When I peer inside, I see Ross laying on his bed. He's not wearing a shirt, so I can still see the bandages wrapped around his chest, and I feel my heart breaking all over again. He's sleeping, so I decide not to bother him. I go back into Riker's room and just chill on the bed while he works on some music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Riker?" I say.

"Yeah?" he asks surprised. This is the first time I've spoken in almost three hours.

"Can I have some paper and a pencil, please?"

"Sure." He looks around his desk for some blank paper and a pencil, then hands them to me. "If you don't mind me asking- why do you want this stuff?"

"I used to write lyrics and poems. I haven't done it in a few weeks, and I feel like I need to right now."

"Okay."

Riker and I sit in silence for a few more hours. The room is mostly quiet, except for the sound of his quiet humming. "I'm going to go talk to Ross... I'll be back later."

"Alright." I leave the poems that I wrote laying on the bed, and then I go to Ross and Rocky's room. When I walk in, I see that Rocky is in the room with Ross. "Rocky? Could you give us a few minutes?" I ask.

"Yeah. Sure." He stands up and smiles at me as he walks past me and out the door.

"Hey," I say to Ross as I walk into the room. He looks up at me with a confused expression. "I know I'm not supposed to be here, but my mom... she just doesn't get it."

"It's okay. Come here." He opens his arms to me, and comforts me as I try not to cry. "You can tell me about all of that stuff whenever you're ready," he says with a smile. He scoots over in his bed, and pulls the covers up, allowing me to get in the bed with him. As he pulls up the covers, I'm able to catch a glimpse of the bandages wrapped around his bare chest and torso. When I look back up at Ross, he's already looking at me. "You can ask me whatever you want about it. I don't really mind," he tells me.

"Can I?" I ask, motioning to his chest.

"Sure," he says after a second. I lift my hand, then gently place it on Ross' chest. He flinches, but only slightly.

"Does it hurt a lot?" I ask.

"Only a little. Just stings," he explains. I look up at his face, and see that his attention is still on my hand that is on his chest. I remove my hand, then reach up and put it on his face. I pull him towards me as I lean closer. I gently put my lips on his, and we kiss for a minute, before I pull away.

"I love you," I tell him. "Please never hurt yourself again. Because if you do, I will die inside. I hate seeing you in so much pain. I feel helpless; Like I cant help you, and there's no way for me to prevent it from happening."

"Abby, I promise I will never do it again. I've seen how me doing this affects people. I don't like seeing you get hurt, and it hurts me to know that I'm hurting you," he tells me.

"It's okay. Really. I'm just glad you're okay."

"I am okay. And speaking of which, I'll be back at school tomorrow. And I was thinking that tomorrow evening, you and I could go out for dinner."

"Yeah," I say with a smile. "I'd like that."

"I'd like that too."

"Do you want to know what happened with my mom?" I ask.

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I finish telling him everything, we just lay in silence.

"Wow," Ross finally manages.

"Yeah... Some pretty deep stuff, huh?"

"Yeah," he agrees.

"Ugh. I just remembered that I need to go back to my house."

"Why?"

"Since I'm going back to school, I don't want to wear the same four things everyday."

"Oh. Okay. You're taking Riker, right?"

Yeah. Of course. Why?"

"I just to know that you're with someone who could be physically in charge of the situation if he needed to be."

"Everything will be fine. I'm going to go ask him. I'll be back later though."

"Okay." He pulls me over for a kiss before I get out of the bed. I leave Ross' room to go to Riker's.

A/N

Hey guys. Haven't done an authors note in a while. Thank you for all the support. BTNG has reached over 228,000 reads. WHAT. You're all extremely awesome. Love youuuu.

I'm gonna say again that I have a 5sos story, and I would love it if you could go read it :)