Demands

I wake up, and when I open my eyes, I see Rocky walking around the room. I sit up, and as I do, Rocky looks over at me. "We're leaving to go to the hospital in about 45 minutes. I was just about to wake you up," he says.

"Okay. Thanks." I get out of bed and walk over to Ross' closet. I pull out one my favorite t-shirts of his, and bring it to my room. I get dressed in the shirt and a pair of black leggings. I quickly do my makeup, pull my hair into a ponytail, and then I go downstairs into the kitchen. Everyone except for Rocky is already here and eating breakfast. I'm not really hungry, so I just grab a poptart, and sit next to Riker.

"Morning," he says. "How did you sleep?"

"Not that great," I admit.

"Because of last night?"

"Yeah."

"Are you okay now?" he asks.

"I guess so. I'll be fine after I talk to Ross."

"You sure?"

"Yup." I smile at Riker, and he lets it go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We get to the hospital, and all go up to Ross' room. Stormie knocks on the door, and once Ross says, "Come in," Stormie opens the door, and we all walk in. "Hey," Ross says.

Everyone mumbles a greeting as we all walk into the room.

"How are you doing today?" Mark asks.

"A little better," Ross replies.

"That's good."

"Do you guys know when they'll let me leave?"

"No, but I could find a nurse," Stormie offers.

"Could you, please? I really want to know when I can leave."

"Sure. I'll be back soon." Stormie leaves the room, and everyone else just sits in an awkward silence.

"I brought your phone," I say. He looks up and smiles, just now noticing that I'm in the room. I bring it over to him, then sit on the chair next to his bed.

"Thanks," he says, taking his phone from me. He unlocks it, and immediately clicks on the twitter app. He scrolls through his time line and mentions- even replying to some fans. After he does that, he creates a new tweet and types:

@Rossr5: Hey guys! I'm fine now, and everything will go back to normal in a few days.

After that, his mentions go crazy, and he takes some time just replying to fans. After about ten minutes, Stormie comes back into the room. Ross looks up at her expectantly. "So?"

"They'll let you come home tonight, but you have to agree to see a psychologist."

"What?! Why?" Ross exclaims.

"Well... Because of why you're here. Since it was self-inflicted, they want to make sure that you're mentally stable and that you won't try to do it again..."

"I won't! I didn't want it to get this far." I look over at Ross, and something in my expression must convince him. "Fine. I'll go, but they can't make me talk."

"That's all they're asking for," Stormie informs him.

I look around the room at Ross' family, then say, "Since he wasn't awake when you all saw him last night, I'm gonna step out to give you guys some family time."

"You don't-" Ross starts.

"Thank you Abby. We'll bring you back in soon," Stormie says, cutting him off.

"I'll be back later," I say squeezing Ross' hand. I stand up, then walk out of the room. I sit in a chair across from the room, and pull out my phone. I see that I have a few missed calls from my mom. As I'm debating whether or not to call her back, my phone rings. "Hello?"

"Why aren't you home?" she asks in a threatening tone.

"Because Ross is in the hospital. I'm not coming home until he gets out."

"You need to come home. Now."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"What will happen if I don't?" I ask.

"I will come there and drag you home myself."

"Fine." I hang up before I can hear any more of what she has to say. I walk back into the room and look towards Riker. "Riker? Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure." He walks out of the room. "What's up?"

"My mom wants me to come home right now... Could you give me a ride to your house, then to mine?"

"Of course. Do you want to talk to Ross in private before you leave?"

"Can I?"

"Yeah. Let me go tell my mom."

"Okay. Thanks." He goes back into the room, and soon everyone walks out. I walk into the room and go over to Ross' bed. He slides over so I can lay next to him. "My mother is making me go home..."

"I know."

"I don't want to go."

"I know."

"I love you."

"I know."

"Do you?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Then why did you do it?" I wonder.

"I was stressed and I couldn't find an alternate way to let it out. Music wasn't helping me anymore, so I just- found another way."

"Is that what Brittany was holding over you? The fact that you used to self harm?"

"Yes..."

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I couldn't. It was too hard for me to talk about- it still is. I was worried that if I told you, you would just leave me and start spreading it around."

"I'm not like her. I would never do that to you," I insist.

"I know that... I just found out too late. Can I tell you something?"

"Of course."

"I didn't mean to do it. I wasn't trying to... kill myself. I was just really upset, and I just grabbed the blade and cut. I didn't care how deep or how long I did it. I realized too late what I had actually done, and by then, I didn't really care..." I lean away from Ross, then turn to face him. His eyes are watering, and he's trying to hold back tears.

"Ross, it's going to be okay."

"How do you know that? My parents won't trust me alone anymore, my siblings will be worrying about me constantly, the fans will be worried, and I won't be able to tell them what's wrong, you will be worried about me, and I don't want you to worry."

"All of that will be fine eventually. And I worry about you because I love you. I want to make sure you're okay."

"Do I look okay to you?"

"No. That's why I want to be here for you. I have to go, but I'll talk to you as soon as I can."

"Okay." I get out of the bed, then lean towards Ross.

"Everything will work out. I'll see you as soon as I can. I love you." I kiss him, then turn around to walk away.

As I put my hand on the door knob, Ross says, "I love you too."

A/N

Hey guys! I'm so glad that you've been liking NSNA :) Just to let you know (for now) updates will be every week or when the last chapter gets 200 reads. Also, 5SOS FAM, I started a new story called "Bad Dreams: A 5 Seconds of Summer story." I would REALLY appreciate it if you would go and read it.