Breakout

......Darkness was all I could see. All I could ever see. Constant swaying always making my head spin. I only ever remembered the solid black. There was a fuzziness where I thought memories might linger. My memories......

 "Stop them!"

"Don't let them get away!"

Huh? The swaying that had always given me a headache suddenly ceased, being replaced with unpredictable bumps.

"They're taking it! Get it back now!"

It? The sharp clang of metal objects clashing somehow stopped the sensation of movement and rocking. Loud shouts suggested that someone had caught up. A sudden cry of pain and barely contained laughter shook the air and I heard the muttering of the apparent thieves in the situation.

"They certainly want it bad enough, hmmm. I wonder what's inside it."

"Who cares? We have our orders. Keep moving."

...Inside?...

Several moments passed of shakiness and the muttering started again.

"They're quite annoying, hmmm. Should I take care of them?"

"Quickly. I don't like being kept waiting."

The hurried movement ended abruptly and seconds later an explosion let loose. The world around me shook, waking me from my eternal slumber. My eyes shot open. Glass shone in front of me concealing me in a strange liquid that made my glow green and my skin unnaturally white. I focused on the glass, moments later it cracked and suddenly shattered as I lashed out. The liquid burst through the glass and dropped me onto the shards, cutting deep into my feet, though I didn't seem to care. My eyes continued to glow the unnatural green, lighting up my surroundings. I was in some sort of transportating container, but for some reason I couldn't seem to find the exit. Not that it mattered much as I had no real control over my body. That became quite apparent when I felt the need to get away from whatever racket was going on outside. I could sense how dangerous it was. Instead, the sounds outside seemed to sparked my interest.

I tilted my head to better catch the noise happening outside. I glanced at my hands and saw claws sharpening on my nails. I opened my mouth, feeling my teeth clench the longer I held it closed. Sharp fangs glinted in the lime light of my eyes as I let out a loud bellow as a wave of pain hit me that quickly escalated to the nasty roar of a beast. A mystical cloud surrounded me causing power to ripple through me, though I felt the cold air burning my skin where the liquid was still dripping. I let out another bellow and my body jumped up straight through the roof of a caravan without any consent from me. I landed on top with both feet on either side of the hole I'd created.

The scene before me halted as soon as the glass had shattered inside the caravan only moments before. Strange men stood before me gaping in fear at the monster that I was no doubt transforming into. I could feel the pain as the transformation continued, but every time I wanted to cry out in anguish all that came out was the growling of the beast. There were two others that wore black cloaks with red clouds standing on either side of the container I broke free from staring up at me in amazement.

I turned my head suddenly to look at one of them. He jumped at my sudden movement and looked at his partner for what? Instruction? Help? I had no idea, nor did I care. I only want to see the strange place I had been released to, but the beast had different plans in mind. I looked over at his partner. To me he looked a bit scrawny to have lifted the container. I looked closer at the bottom of the container that had held me curiously. A clay bird was underneath ready to take off into the air. I didn't think something so stupid looking was actually aireal dynamic.