Eleven: Reunited?

"Back, get back!" She jumped in front of her four companions - he wouldn't hurt her, so as long as she was there with them they were safe. And he wouldn't just hurt them if given the chance, he would kill them.

Speaking of. There he was emerging through the crowd which had frantically moved back. They had the right idea, get out of the way. You didn't want to get in his way. He was flanked by more of his soldiers.

She hadn't seen him since the night she had hastily fled the camp. That had been weeks ago. He looked pretty much the same, although his newly-coloured eyes seemed to grow brighter, especially when they fell on her.

Now both sides stood, staring one another down.

Van Pelt smirked. "Hello Love. Fancy seeing you here." She responded by pulling one handgun from its holster and pointing it at the rival group, making sure she separated them and her new friends. She figured though, that even if she had to, she wouldn't be able to pull the trigger, not if her gun was on him.

His soldiers responded by raising their own weapons, but he only raised a hand to tell them to stand down, for now. Next he addressed Spencer. "Hello Doctor. It's been a long time." Spencer only stared back. "I believe you have something of mine."

Spencer gulped. "We just want to go home."

Still smirking, Van Pelt turned back to Vera. He looked back and forth between her and Spencer. "Vera..." He shook his head. "You moved on so quickly."

She ignored this. "We don't have the jewel." Now she spoke the truth, she didn't have to lie.

"Come back with us. We won't harm your new friends."

Her grip on the gun tightened. "Liar!"

"I don't lie."

"Oh, no? Like you didn't lie about the real reason why you wanted the jewel? Like how you didn't lie about how you felt!"

"I didn't lie."

"You used me! Now I see where your priorities really lie."

"I never lied."

"Bullshit!"

"I never lied."

"Oh shut up! Stop saying that!"

There was a moment of tense silence, Vera glaring across at him, fuming, so angry that she was almost shaking.

Her new friends noticed her change in demeanor right away; despite being noticeably angry, while before she had confidently faced the bikers, now she seemed - more unsure, fearful almost. Now that she faced the leader. But not afraid of him, no, but afraid of what she might have to do to stop him, such as use the gun in her hand.

Suddenly, Bethany gasped, turning all eyes on her. "Oh my God! It's him!" she cried, realizing first. "The creepy bad guy's your ex!"

(Haha, I felt like that was a good place to end ;) Did you guys see it coming? Was it a surprise? I'm curious! Finally we have the truth - we'll learn more about them later! For now, thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :))

(Oh and if any of you are also reading my 'Beauty and the Beast' story (if you are, thank you!) I just wanted to let you know that I FINALLY updated another chapter! Thanks!)